I stayed at Aloft in the Spring of 2012 to see a show at BAM, which is within easy walking distance of the hotel. It was my first time in downtown Bklyn and I drove to get there. The hotel has valet pkg which was handy and the parking lot is located a half block away, where I picked up the car. The front desk staff at Aloft was efficient but not very warm and fuzzy; The receptionist seemed put off having to give us directions on how to get to BAM on foot. The hotel does not have dinner service so we went next door to the Sheraton where we had a very good steak dinner. The room was designed for a business traveler with desks, plug-ins etc. I was traveling with another woman and we asked for a room with two double beds. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom area was quite small and cramped and the closet was an open air hanging area. The beds were comfortable and clean. The one thing I really did not care for at all was the lighting in the room--very harsh purple-ish flourescent lighting. In the morning we had breakfast at the take out counter in teh lobby--they offer do it yourself espresso, tea and rolls that are kind of pricey. If you are not in a rush, a walk around the corner to Starbucks would be more satisfying and probably less expensive. Overall, for what we needed the hotel was fine. I returned to downtown Bklyn to see a concert at Barclays Center in December 2012 and chose to stay at the Sheraton next door which I think has nicer rooms than Aloft and a friendlier staff, but no real complaints at all about Aloft.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft New York Brooklyn Hotel Brooklyn
- Aloft New York Brooklyn Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from the Brooklyn Bridge and downtown Manhattan, Aloft Brooklyn offers a hip and exciting accommodation with an urban-influenced design and a social scene that's always a buzz. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your aloft New York Brooklyn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.