We (me, my wife and two kids under age 6) stayed here for two nights and had a pleasant experience.
Our room was very clean - a typical Aloft room with a comfortable king bed, trendy but Spartan and everything in working order. The kids loved the shower and I found the soap dispensers very convenient.
We asked for and got a lower floor (7th floor) as I had read other reviews about the noise from the dance floor above. We did not hear a peep in our floor, so I would recommend calling in early, as I did, to get a room on the 10th floor or lower. We heard our neighbors bang their doors shut, but we did not hear people talk, as other reviews state. Maybe we were lucky!
Our view from the room was a construction site - no fancy views of the city skyline so the language on the website may be a bit misleading, but I am assuming most travelers do not stay here to gaze at tall buildings anyway. The reason for our stay was to be close to the city and the hotel is really at the perfect location. At least six major subway lines are within three blocks of the hotel (less than a five minute walk). The parallel street (near one of the Subway stations) is a lively collection of convenience stores, cafes and Mexican fast food joints. We walked back late at night (11 pm) after a Broadway show and felt perfectly at ease with the surroundings. In fact, people here are much nicer than in the main city - they smiled or complimented us on our kids! I hope this clears any doubt in anybody's minds!
I do have a couple of minor complaints - I hope the hotel management reads this:
1. My room was not very well insulated, there was a cold draft coming through the windows and I needed to keep the blinds down and pinned against the wall to make sure the room didn't get too cold.
2. The room heater can get noisy (a bit annoying with the on/off feature); I am not sure if they can really address this problem.
3. The breakfast options were very minimal. They had eggs on the menu, but said they weren't available on both mornings. We had egg whites instead. These a basic needs that are not hard to meet. There is the pricey Sheraton right next door ($20 for a skeleton buffet!) - I wonder if this hotel could have a tie-up with them considering both are Starwood properties.
Overall a splendid stay with no hassles; service was friendly but not the best-in-class. Access to the city/subway cannot be beat. I would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from the Brooklyn Bridge and downtown Manhattan, Aloft Brooklyn offers a hip and exciting accommodation with an urban-influenced design and a social scene that's always a buzz. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your aloft New York Brooklyn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft New York Brooklyn Hotel Brooklyn