“Great hotel in Fairbanks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1908 Chena Landings Loop, Fairbanks, AK 99701 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great hotel in Fairbanks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hotel and rooms are in great shape. Hotel is located in more of an industrial area so a car is a major asset. Free internet, full free hot breakfast, and heated swimming pool. Walking trails nearby. 200 character requriementin really why is this necessary no thanks dont want ot you get what you pay for

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
Camino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hotel is nice, newly remodeled. Room was good, very comfortable. Location was okay for touring around and close to shopping areas. Staff was always friendly and helpful. Used the laundry room, no problem. Our biggest problem was our shower wouldn't work! No water would come out. We had to go to a room a floor below us to shower, kind of strange. They should have done a better job on new plumbing! Breakfast was just okay, nothing special.

Room Tip: Check the plumbing first!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I appologise for the issues your had with your shower. I would appreciate you contacting me so I can discuss it with you.
Redding, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Overall: The hotel was fairly nice, with a good location if you like the peace and quiet. However, do not expect too much from the staff. They are not very friendly. However, if you will only be in Fairbanks a few nights and need a cheap place to sleep this would be an ok option. Just do not have high expectations on arrival.

In depth review:
The housekeeping staff ignored the "do not disturb" sign on the door and would either "clean" my room or call me to ask if I needed anything while I was still sleeping. I use the term for "clean" very loosely in this context. The housekeeping staff would make the bed and replace the towels. They did not vacuum, wipe down the counter top, tub or toilet. They did however manage to through away a pile of paper that was sitting on the TV stand, which I still needed. They also managed to turn my A/C down to 68 degrees (which is cold for me) and turn down my fridge so my food froze and was ruined. The front desk people were surly and I had to ask for my diamond member perks when I arrived (not usually the case). When I left they did not ask me about my stay, just if I wanted the receipt. The business center is one terribly slow computer and scanner/printer. I would not suggest trying to use the scanner/printer as it takes a long time and is right down in the lobby where you have no peace. The hotel was recently remodeled however there were dings in all the furniture and the sink piping dripped. As another person noted housekeeping left the laundry door open numerous times. I haven't seen that happen at another hotel and it is just plain unattractive.
This experience has turned me off from Best Westerns in general and I will no longer be staying at this chain.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Debbie B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I apologize for the many issues you had while you stayed with us. We strive to give our guests superior customer service and provide them with a quality stay and obviously this did not happen during your visit and I would greatly appreciate you contacting me so I can speak with you in person about the issues you had while you were with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for our first 2 nights in Fairbanks. Great hotel for discounted price of $119. We figured there was a continental breakfast and were shocked to find scrambled eggs, potatoes and reindeer sausage along with pastries and waffles.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and were able to take advantage of our special grand opening rates. We hope to see you again.
orange county, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staying here for a week....Beautifully re-done! Service was excellent, rooms are very nice and the rates can't be beat! The location is GREAT...very close to shopping & downtown, but secluded & quiet by Pioneer Park. The personnel are extremely friendly & helpful, especially in the breakfast room. The complimentary breakfast has somewhat extended hours and is well-stocked. They make sure everything is available right up until they close, at 10. There is a nice fitness room and an indoor pool adjoining the lobby area.. If and when I return to Fairbanks, this is definitely where I;ll be staying!

Room Tip: Very quiet on 3rd floor--I stayed near rear of building--couldn't have been nicer!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Debbie B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We certainly look forward and hope that you are able to return to Fairbanks and stay with us. Thank you for your review and am so happy that your enjoyed our wonderful hotel and its facilities.
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just spent two nights here, and it was a great option in most ways. This is the 4th hotel I've stayed at in Fairbanks the past couple of years, and it is my top choice.

Positives: As most recent reviewers have noted, it's recently renovated. It's very attractive, and very well done (if the usual corporate generic sterile). Rooms are large and quiet. The window actually opens enough to allow true ventilation. Housekeeping was spotless, both in the rooms and in public areas. Wireless internet is fast and reliable. Staff is adequately friendly, but not outstanding. Fitness center was also all new equipment, and the room was large enough to comfortably work out in (thank you!). Hotel has a pool (though no hot tub) for anyone wanting that. While making my reservation, I made a joking comment about an amenity they should provide. Upon checkin, I discovered they had indeed provided it (*great* service BW!). Guest computer in the lobby for those who need it.

Mixed: Hotel is in a random location, you definitely won't be walking to anything. The upshot of that is zero traffic noise. Included breakfast was adequate, though nothing great. My room's HVAC unit seemed totally non-functional (rm. 229 if you are reading this BW staff), but luckily I didn't need it.

Negatives: The housekeeping department keeps the door to the laundry bay open 24/7, which is unattractive (I work in the hotel industry; I notice these things). Several times during our stay, something vibrated the building heavily. Not an earthquake. Felt like a washer or dryer shaking everything. Hardly overwhelming, but noticeable.

My biggest frustration? We initially booked 2 king rooms for 1 night. When I called 2 days prior to ask to add a 2nd night, I was told "we're basically sold out the 2nd night, so your only option is to upgrade to the king whirlpool suites." They gave us a highly discounted rate, but imagine my surprise - no ANGER - when we saw on night two that they were **nowhere near** sold out. In fact, the hotel seemed nearly empty. We greatly enjoyed the whirpool in the rooms, but I am furious that they flat out lied to me. I will call Best Western tomorrow to express my feelings about this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Debbie B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. The hotel had an extensive remodel over the winter and glad you enjoyed our hotel and its facilities. We apprecaite all your comments and certainly will take action on your concerns.
Anchorage, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I work all over the state of Alaska and this has to be the best I have ever been treated and also the best I have ever slept when away from home. I would tell every one I know including my personal family to stay here..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We work very hard to provide clean quality accomodations for our guests I appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Park Inn? Share your experiences!