“Always a Memorable Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Minnie Street Bed and Breakfast
345 Minnie St., Fairbanks, AK 99701   |
Ranked #9 of 44 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Anchorage, Alaska
“Always a Memorable Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

We make an annual trek to Fairbanks each winter and we always stay at Minnie Street B&B. Marnie and Lambert, and now Vickie and Jim as well, are incredible hosts. Absolutely spotless rooms, great beds, and a tasty and filling breakfast each and every day. We can always count on these great hosts to come up with yet another activity or "something to do" that we haven't done before...and we live in Alaska! Their newest rooms in the building they just ocmpleted last year are incredible. Ask for the premium suite with the steam shower and jacuzzi tub. Bring lots of bubble bath and a bottle of champagne. Thier InnSpa package are also great and a nice treat after a long day of sightseeing or snowmobiling!

Stayed January 2008

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

On my trip to Alaska, I spent one night in Fairbanks. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I selected the Minnie Street Bed and Breakfast. I’d highly recommend it to anyone else. The place is very clean, spacious and nice. I stayed in a room that shared a bathroom—though there was no one in the other room that would have shared, so it was all mine and very close to my room. My room had everything you’d expect from a regular hotel room, including cable TV and free wireless Internet Access—only it felt like home. And the bed was perfect, with a mattress that wasn’t too hard or too soft. It was just right.

The owners were away but the assistant manager went above and beyond the call for me. I had to drive to Anchorage the next day and wanted to leave early. Vicky got up extra early and made sure that I had a complete delicious breakfast ready for me. She was a very gracious host and if I ever go back to Fairbanks, I’d certainly stay there again. Big thumbs up for the Minnie Street Bed and Breakfast.

• Liked — Accomodating staff and great breakfast
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

I stayed at the Minnie Street Bed and Breakfast last month while I was on business in Fairbanks, Alaska. I had only stayed at one other bed and breakfast but it was many years ago so I was a little hesitant to stay at a B and B. That hesitancy did not last very long. The owners are the nicest people you could ever meet and the service was outstanding. I was so comfortable and very impressed with their establishment.

I have already come home and told my wife and friends about it and will be referring business to them for a long time to come. I sure hope that I get the opportunity to visit Alaska again and if so I WILL be staying at their bed and breakfast again. Thank you so much for such a wonderful time.

Jared Avery

• Liked — Clean, friendly, and extremely comfortable
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Minnie Street B & B. The property is beautiful and very well maintained. Our rooms were comfortable and included the little details that make you feel at home. There is a washer and dryer available for guest use. It was a nice amenity. The hosts were very friendly and provided interesting information about the area. Breakfast was wonderful and hearty. I would definitely stay again.

• Liked — The well maintained property, breakfast and customer service.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

Wow! From the moment Marnie opened the door to our suite, I was amazed! We stayed in the Pansy Suite, a one-room apartment that includes a full-size kitchen, living room, a steam shower in the bathroom, and a Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. The suite also has its own deck and back yard access, and was recently remodeled. Breakfasts were delicious, and the hospitality was first rate. We were delighted by our stay at Minnie Street!

• Liked — Very spacious and comfortable - would have been great for a long-term stay.
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
providence, rhode island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

stayed at minnie st for 2 nights end of june, breakfasts were very nice and for my second morning they made sure full breakfast was ready so i could eat before leaving for early train. they also would have made me a breakfast to go if i wanted. i was a single so my room was in the main building (with the dining room), it had two twin beds, pleasant, clean, only drawback was that i had to share a bathroom in the hallway with another room, wasn't really a big deal but it's always nice to have your own bathroom.
i never actually met marnie, but their daughter-in-law was very nice and very helpful. when i was there lambert seemed aloof but pleasant enough, but i had goofed on my original reservation and lambert was very accomodating. vicki made a great breakfast and was very nice. i never went into the 2 other houses but the common back yard and deck were very nice with a hot tub and beautiful flowers and plants. it was close to downtown and reasonably priced. would definitely stay again

• Liked — price, location, breakfast, cleanliness
  • Disliked — shared bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

We stayed at the Minnie Street B&B in September 2006 and loved it so much we came back and spent a week in one of their premium suites in March of 2007. Everything is so clean and fresh, Marnie and Lambert are so welcoming and helpful, the breakfasts are wonderful eaten there or packed to go, and it is such a convenient location. Lots of little extras to make your stay extra special. The beds are THE BEST! We have stayed in a lot of B&B's but this is definitely our all-time favorite. You can't go wrong staying at Minnie Street!!

• Liked — hosts and the rooms
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Minnie Street Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!