“I love this place and the owners!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anschen Log House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairbanks
Anschen Log House
You added Anschen Log House to your Saves list
1260 Heldiver, Fairbanks, AK 99709   |
Ranked #4 of 44 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Barrow, Alaska
“I love this place and the owners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Dawn and Paul, good friends extraordinaire! Not everyone who visits Anschen Log House has the experiences that I do, but thank you for letting me come to Anschen Log House Bed and Breakfast to relax, document the plants on your property, stack wood, pull weeds and generally enjoy being away from the arctic for a while. I appreciate your knowledge of Fairbanks, and your wonderful cooking. ANYONE's trip will be greatly enhanced by a stay at Anschen Log House!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you're looking for the "Waldorf" treatment, this is NOT the place for you. If you ARE, however, looking for a unique, once in a lifetime splendid experience - then you've found it. You will be treated to the warmest, most sincere welcome. You will be treated with personal, individual care. You will not find a more genuine person than Dawn. Sadly Paul, her husband, was working and we did not have the pleasure of meeting him. Maybe next time - and believe me, there WILL be a next time as we can't imagine staying anywhere else but the Anschen Log House when in Fairbanks. Even breakfast was an experience and Dawn will go to great lengths to accommodate any health related diet requirements and make sure you are well cared for. Evenings in front of the fire are not to be missed - and the peace is such a welcomed change from todays hotels. We HIGHLY recommend the Anschen Log House and encourage you to look into it before making final overnight plans to stay elsewhere. I will close by saying, IF you have the incredible opportunity to visit Fairbanks, make it perfect and choose the Anschen Log House.

Room Tip: Take the time to discuss your needs with Dawn and she will put you in the perfect room suited to you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was so fortunate to locate the Anschen Log House for my cousin and me when I was planning our trip to Alaska. Never did I dream it would be so WONDERFUL! We stayed in the Palin Suite, which was impeccably decorated. The entire place was exquisite and Dawn (the owner) made us feel right at home. Oh yes, I can't forget the food!!! Moose Ears for breakfast...a specialty pancake that was soooo good! I wouldn't consider any other place now to stay in Fairbanks! Hope to return again soon!

Room Tip: Loved the Palin Suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bethel, alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Impeccable, charming, exquisite, engaging, entertaining, peaceful, scrumptious, and completely Alaska are all an understatement. The Anschen Log House is definitely not for those who are seeking just a place to sleep in between day trips. I have stayed globally for the past 10 years at bed & breakfasts, and the Anschen Log House is undeniably at the top of my list, bar none. And I am particular. I stayed in the loft suite, and I literally melted into the bed each night. The sunrise views from the river can be breathtaking, depending upon the weather, and sunsets and the northern lights in Fairbanks are definitely one of a kind. I am an unfortunate (not by choice) vegan, so my diet is restricted, but Dawn went far beyond her call of duty to accommodate. All I can say is "she needs her own cooking show." :-) She will do whatever it takes to accomodate her guests' needs or wants. I definitely was spoiled and will go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I traveled to Fairbanks with the purpose of seeing the Aurora Borealis, but got so much more out of my trip by staying at the Anschen Log House. Dawn (the owner) made me feel right at home and gave me great suggestions of other things to see and do in the Fairbanks area. She and I watched the dog sled race finals in downtown Fairbanks. I was very comfortable in the Sarah Palin room, which was spacious and opened onto the outside deck. I loved going downstairs for breakfast in the dining room with it's awesome menu to choose from. Dawn and her husband have fixed up the log house to be both beautiful and comfortable and reflect their unique experience of living in Alaska. Best of all, Dawn would wake me up whenever the Aurora made an appearance and often stayed up to enjoy it with me (see photos). I definitely plan to return to the Anschen Log House!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Having just returned home from my time in Fairbanks, I am finding my fondest memories are from moments experienced while on the property of Anschen House. The amazing huge log building, spacious room and very comfortable bed is reason enough to stay there. Add in the daily passing by of paddle wheel boats, sitting comfortably outside enjoying the the passing river, or inside visiting with Dawn and Sydney made for an experience I am eager to repeat. Oh and the bathroom!!!! By far the best B&B bathroom I have seen anywhere! Already looking forward to a repeat visit to Fairbanks next year and I will definitely attempt to stay here then.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

What a treasure find, if you are looking for a log cabin that makes you feel Alaskan, but you want all the amenities, this is your place! Dawn was a great hostess giving you information and very welcoming without being overbearing. She is pretty straight forward so she will be as involved or laid back as you are wanting. The house only has 2 rooms for rent so it will never be too crowded. The shared bathroom was nicely updated and breakfast was always delicious and filling. It is just outside of town which made it nice to do things locally, but get the country feel, not to mention the cabin is a great place to watch the lights. Dawn will even come and wake you if the lights are putting on a show, which they did and I got some great pics from her driveway. She even took me cross country skiing which I thought was a great touch. Dawn went above and beyond to make sure I had a great stay and plenty to do. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Anschen Log House? Share your experiences!