“Good Luck Sleeping!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Washington
“Good Luck Sleeping!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

This hotel looks nice, however it's lack of sound proofing in any part of it's structure makes sleeping very difficult. The doors slam, the refrigerator from the next room hums throught the wall, and when the neighbor above flushes the toilet it sounds like a tsunami is approaching. As a pilot I live out of hotels all around the country. This is by far the LOUDEST hotel I've ever stayed at. I wont be back.

Stayed July 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Anchorage, AK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2007

This hotel was only open 2 weeks when I stayed there in June 2007. They are still doing the finishing touches. For example, my bathroom didn't have any towel bars and there are no pictures on any walls. The breakfast is very good with a nice selection but the staff wasn't really on top of keeping it stocked with food when things ran out. The beds are comfortable but the pillows are too firm for me. The housekeeping could use some work. My bathroom floor was dirty when I checked in and I had to request housekeeping to come and vacuum. They were apologetic but it turned me off since it made me wonder about what else didn't get cleaned. At check-in they tried to charge me more for my room than I was quoted and then their computer wouldn't work to run my credit card. I had to speak to 3 different people to finally get my rate corrected to what I was quoted. In general, the staff were nice and tried hard to please but they were disorganized. I think that this hotel will get better once they have been open for a while and the staff is trained. This hotel is one of the nicer ones you could choose in Fairbanks even with the problems I experienced.

• Liked — Nice lobby
  • Disliked — Room not clean at check in
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Alpine Lodge

Address: 4920 Dale Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709
Location: United States > Alaska > Fairbanks
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Hotel Class:3 star — Alpine Lodge 3*
The hotel is conveniently located near the Fairbanks International Airport and Alaska Railroad Depot. Complimentary shuttle offered to both locations. The lodge is also convenient to Riverboat Discovery, Pioneer Park, the University of Alaska Fairbanks, Ft Wainwright and downtown Fairbanks. Open year-round, the hotel offers an Alaska-themed spacious lobby, 115 deluxe guest rooms and suites, and a full-service restaurant and lounge- The Finish Line. Settle in with a local microbrew from the lounge before enjoying the cuisine in the restaurant. No matter how long your stay- you're sure to enjoy Northern Lights wake-up calls and complimentary WIFI. Your stay at the Alpine Lodge in Fairbanks is sure to be one you'll write home about and we'll even provide the postcard! We look forward to sharing the spirit of Alaska! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Alpine Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Alpine Hotel Fairbanks
Alpine Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska

If you own or manage Alpine Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.