“Great hotel and good service” 5 of 5 stars

Alpine Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4920 Dale Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great hotel and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We lived here for 2 nights and were very impressed with the service. I think the reviews don't do justice to this place. We had booked for 3 nights, but thanks to united we got delayed and reached there a day later. Despite being late, they kept our reservation and charged only for two nights when they got to know the reason for the delay. I think that was very commendable. Also, instead of making us wait for the shuttle at the airport, they asked us to get an eagle cab which they paid for. They also took care of the cab next day to a tour company. They have an ATM in the building and also a decent breakfast service. As mentioned in some of the other reviews, they were little more casual than I would like.Room was clean, tidy and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jsickels, Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and I am happy to hear our staff was able to make your arrival to Fairbanks a pleasant one. We hope your visit to Alaska was memorable and you are able to come back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Racine, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while traveling independently. When I arrived there was no one at the front desk. I just happened to be standing at the front desk for approximately 5 minutes or so when someone who looked like a maintenance guy asked if I had been helped and went into the back office to get an agent. I'd like to mention that neither the maintenance guy or any of the front desk staff during my stay were wearing any type of uniform that indicated they were a part of the hotel. No name tags, shirts with the lodge's name on it or anything of that nature. If I passed by them in the lobby, I would've thought they were regular guests like me. When coming in and out of the hotel, I was not greeted with a "hello" or "welcome back" or any type of inviting comment. Being in the hotel industry myself, this was quite the opposite experience from the front lines of any type of hotel, motel, lodge, etc. I've ever stayed at. When I entered my room, the air conditioner had been set at 52 degrees. Brrr! When I attempted to switch the thermostat over to heat to warm up the room, nothing but cold air came out. Luckily for me it was 80 degrees out that day and I could leave the window open while I was out seeing the city. Other than that, it's a clean, reasonably priced place to stay right across the street from the airport. Kudos on the blackout draperies in the guestrooms. They help a lot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
jsickels, Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your helpful review. Your comments help us to make adjustments to improve our service for you and other guest throughout future stays. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Fairbanks.
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Alpine Lodge in Fairbanks during a business trip. Our room was not fancy but was clean -- although a bit on the small side -- and the check-in/check-out service we received was good as well. The beds were comfortable and the temperature control worked well too. Given the high summer room rates in Alaska, our lodging costs were acceptable, compared to other places in Fairbanks. We did not partake of the continental breakfast, as there was a charge for this, and the food offerings were not particulary attractive; although the hotel was quite full, there were few diners in the breakfast room, so it appears that others thought the same way as well. The property is close to the airport and the river tours, but is rather distant from downtown and other attractions, which requires one to have a car (or to use taxis) to get around the city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
jsickels, Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property, we are happy you found our hotel to your liking. We have made some recent changes to our breakfast including scramble eggs, waffles, oatmeal, fresh fruit and much more. We are located approximately 6 miles from downtown rental cars’ and taxis are available, however our hotel is also located on the Fairbanks city bus route.
Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My normal hotels in Fairbanks were booked (Pikes & Sophie's) so I booked the Alpine which was my first time at this hotel. Good location close to the airport (closest I believe). The common areas are nice and the room was very clean. The room was small and pretty basic. The breakfast is not free as they charge $5. Seems odd since free breakfast is pretty much standard in most hotels nowadays, especially at $169/nt. I did not partake so cannot comment. The front desk staff was friendly but not the most professional I have experienced. Another negative was that they forgot to make up my room after my first night and had to call the front dest when I returned in the evening. However, they were very prompt in correcting the oversight. I appreciated that.

Overall a good average class hotel. Very clean which is a plus. I would return again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
jsickels, Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Alpine Lodge. We apologize for the housekeeping oversight, we are glad to hear our staff was prompt at correcting the error and hope to see you again soon.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

When I travel, clean hotel rooms are a top priority. The Alpine Lodge passed the test and I am pretty picky. The hotel is right outside the airport property but noise was never a problem. Good curtains to block out the summer sun. I had no problem with the internet as some other reviewers reported, but maybe I didn't try to use it as much. Located only 1/2 mile from the Riverboat Discovery dock. A basic hotel but a great price and CLEAN!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jsickels, Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We are so please you found our hotel to your liking. Your comment has been passed on to our hard working team. Thank you for your excellent review and we look forward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for almost 6 weeks great people very willing to help and great room service. Restaurant is a little expensive but the food is good.Rooms are warm in the winter and have good window coverings for the summer of light.

• Stayed April 2013
jsickels, Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments we are happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

such a nice hotel. very close to the airport and very clean. Couldn't get the heat to turn down, but also couldnt open the windows....weird. But in alaska it is hard to find decent internet. So when I got here, i was very excited to get some internet work done; nope. after 8pm, the internet turned into dial up speed. come on, add more bandwidth. or maybe a password would help too on the wifi.

Room Tip: if you are an alaskan state resident. room rates that are not during tourist season = AWESOME