“A Special Free Service Greatly Appreciated” 5 of 5 stars

Alpine Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4920 Dale Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709   |
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Delta Junction, Alaska
“A Special Free Service Greatly Appreciated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Alpine Lodge provides a special service that is greatly appreciated: Free parking on their site for your car and free shuttle to the airport if you spend a night at the hotel on either end of your trip. We have used this Alpine Lodge service three times now. We live 100 miles from Fairbanks and hate to pay for airport parking (and in Winter we carry a small shovel for digging our car out of the airport parking lot snow prior to the ultimate drive home). So it was just wonderful last Tuesday to arrive back in Fairbanks at 2am following 30+ hours of travel from Rome to enjoy a quick free shuttle to the Alpine, a good night of sleep, extended checkout time, and wake up to find our car ready to go. A fine hotel, a good night's sleep, your car dug out, and all for less than the cost of just airport parking. Too bad we woke up this time too late for the free breakfast. Alpine Lodge works hard to make life better for travelers and we appreciate that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AlpineLodge865, Director of Sales at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
An escape to Rome in April sounds fantastic! Glad we could welcome you home! Thank you for your post and helping get work out about our special, it really is handy particularly in the winter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Anchor Point, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We found the Alpine Lodge to have clean and comfortable rooms and a friendly staff. It was nicely decorated and a good price compared to many other places in Fairbanks. We slept well! Our stay included the free breakfast and the dining area was roomy. There was a nice selection of coffees, teas and breakfast choices. Only suggestion would be some protein type food, boiled eggs? I would highly recommend the Alpine Lodge for comfort, value and location.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comment on our hotel and specifically on the breakfast items. The protein suggestion is "eggslent!" We have recently added new members to our culinary team and looked into different menu options for our restaurant as well for our complimentary breakfast. Boiled eggs would be convenient and a nice touch. We can always try it for a couple weeks and see how it is received! Thank you!
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff was very friendly and rooms were comfortable. Some attention could be paid to making sure the walkways were free of ice, it was kind of treacherous walking in and wheeling bags on the minimally sized walkways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the note on the sidewalks. Safety is paramount and this particular winter presented its' challenges. We are glad you found your stay enjoyable and look forward to your return visit.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The staff are friendly and comfortable bed to sleep the lodge also is very clean. I'm very happy to get my wake up call for Aurora Viewing it was very nice to see it!

I came in the middle of the winter -20 but my room is nice and warm. I will be back soon...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I travel extensively and found Alpine Lodge to be a top of the line choice! All the creature comforts, comfy bed, nicely decorated, high end everything, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room were very handy. Breakfast is great but could use a little protein but free in Winter which was really nice too. Being from Texas we were even overly warm in the room during sub zero days and had to turn on the air conditioning to cool off the room as you are not allowed to open the windows because they apparently freeze that way!

Room Tip: Even on the end of the hall and me being a light sleeper the stairwell door did not make much noise...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sterling, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Alpine Lodge on March 13, 2013 while passing through Fairbanks on business. I chose this location since they advertised parking for RVs, buses and trucks. There was a small area at the back of the hotel for such rigs but there was only one truck back there so I had plenty of room to park my bus. There were plug ins, which was important to me since I had a diesel bus. Apparently the plugs aren't on 24/7 but must have come on enough that my bus started the next morning at 2 degrees Farenheit. The restaurant wasn't anything fancy and I was informed that their dinner menu wasn't any longer available when I showed up at 8:45pm. I had the Ultimate burger which wasn't anything special and at $15.95 I felt very over priced. The crab and artichoke dip was very delicious. The only reason I ate at the restaurant was because I didn't want to walk in the cold or take a taxi down the street to Pike's Landing, which would have been a better dinner. The service was average as well as the room but the interior of the building had a strange odor. The room rate was lower than average but I was paying a government rate so it didn't make much difference. I wouldn't pay the advertised rack rate to stay in a hotel of average quality such as this one. Overall I wasn't disappointed but at the same time wasn't impressed.

Room Tip: All rooms probably have some airport noise even though they advertise that there isn't any. I h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have stayed here in the past but likely not again soon. The bedding is very thin for cold nights. You must have the heat way high to be warm in the rooms yet they ask you to conserve energy! Instead of a sheet-thin blanket and cover, produce some good bedding and you will save electricity! Simple. The resturant has always been questionable and this time the staff was busier playing games with one another thn serving. Breakfast definitely needs an upgrade when you compare it to the two local, nearby area hotels that have the same rates but furnish much more for the money. I have used this hotel because it was locally owned and economical. Something has changed and not for the better. The front counter help, Ashley, was excellent, the main redeeming quality.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside away from the road to the airport.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!