“Extended stay is great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way

You added Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4580 Old Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Fairbanks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
fairbanks
“Extended stay is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Extended stay is pet friendly and the staff is wonderful. Great place to stay!!!I would strongly recomend staying at extended stay the rooms are wonderful and clean. They have a great workout room and a wonderful pool that the kids love.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fairbanks, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I just moved to Fairbanks and had to spend the first couple nights in a hotel and seriously regret staying here! First off, if you have kids, there is a strip club literally right next door! The front desk help when I checked in wasn't too helpful at first. They werd remodeling and painting the bathrooms next to the pool and the fumes were beyond horrible! It smelled like someone dropped a giant bucket of nail polish, it was so bad that it caused the fire alarm to go off around 3:30am and it took the fire department at least 10 minutes to get there and turn off the alarm! The smell came in the room, we had to open the window and stuff a towel under the door. Also, "quiet hours" from 10pm-8am are not enforced as there were women under the influence of alcohol socializing extremely loud in the halls and rooms close by, some guests sounded as though they were arguing. And, you could hear the people above you walking around their room all night. It was a terrible experience and I am going to recommend to all my friends and family when they come to stay anywhere but extended stay america on airport way!

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the noise levels, odors and the level of customer service displayed by some members of our staff. I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please contact me directly at, foa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Sterling, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business. Hallways had an unpleasant odor. Other guests were loud and obnoxious. Upstairs guests were fighting at 5am and when I called the front desk I was told that she was the only employee on the property and that there wasn't much she could do since it would be hard to find out which room it was. I suggested my room number plus one floor but she said the hotel wasn't laid out like that. My room has many small pieces of dried toilet paper on the floor in the restroom as if there had been an overflow that hadn't been cleaned up. There is a strip club and bar right across the street.

Room Tip: Get a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Very close to airport and highway, convenient for traveling around; plus Fred Myers is just opposite.
There is a nice factory-shop behind the hotel "the Great Alaskan Bowl" for choosing some local souvenir.
But no WIFI during my stay. And room condition is poor, the table is about to fall apart.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including our convenient location. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that our overall accommodations and free Wi-Fi did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Yellowknife, NWT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and i stayed there for the Arctic Winter Games in March. It was our first stay at an Extended Stay America. We did not appreciate that we had to go to the front desk to change our towels, which was not a problem. We had a problem with the bedside light, which was fixed on the second try.
"Breakfast" really is grab and go, oatmeal packets (that you need to heat up in your room), granola bars, muffins in plastic,and apples. The hotel is close to downtown if you have a car. The Wifi was not particularly strong.
It was great to have a full kitchen,and being right beside the Fred Meyer means that you could cook all your meals for yourself. There is no hot tub, despite what the picture shows.

We had a call put through to our room at 11:45 pm, without the caller having to identify us - and the call was a phishing scam. The front desk staff did not seem particularly concerned when we reported it twice. The night staff not concerned enough (even though he said that he had a similar complaint from another guest) to tell the manager or the day staff.

Room Tip: There is a strip club across the street,but there was never any noise or traffic from the club.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry for your experience. Your feedback regarding your stay including our free grab-and-go breakfast, free Wi-Fi and maintenance will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance and customer service policies to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

If you have any additional feedback, please contact me directly, at foa@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nothing like the website advertises. In fact I would strongly suspect that most good reviews are generated by hotel employees or the manager as I can see no reason for this hotel to get a positive review. All the poor reviews are accurate regarding cleanliness, the lack of breakfast, and the terrible "free" Internet. It's nothing more than a dive hotel that overcharges for their rooms and they will try and charge you more than you were quoted online unless you confront them about it. Dishonest and disappointing!

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness and am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Your feedback regarding our free Wi-Fi and grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly, at foa@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Fort Yukon, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a great clean room when i arrived . The only thing I didnt like was that house keeping only comes if u stay for a week, other then that u have to take your trash out, and get towels from the front. Fred meyers is in walking distance for food

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Corrina - Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Still, I apologize that our housekeeping policy did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way? Share your experiences!