“Convenient location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way

You added Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4580 Old Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Fairbanks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
“Convenient location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Very close to airport and highway, convenient for traveling around; plus Fred Myers is just opposite.
There is a nice factory-shop behind the hotel "the Great Alaskan Bowl" for choosing some local souvenir.
But no WIFI during my stay. And room condition is poor, the table is about to fall apart.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including our convenient location. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that our overall accommodations and free Wi-Fi did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Yellowknife, NWT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and i stayed there for the Arctic Winter Games in March. It was our first stay at an Extended Stay America. We did not appreciate that we had to go to the front desk to change our towels, which was not a problem. We had a problem with the bedside light, which was fixed on the second try.
"Breakfast" really is grab and go, oatmeal packets (that you need to heat up in your room), granola bars, muffins in plastic,and apples. The hotel is close to downtown if you have a car. The Wifi was not particularly strong.
It was great to have a full kitchen,and being right beside the Fred Meyer means that you could cook all your meals for yourself. There is no hot tub, despite what the picture shows.

We had a call put through to our room at 11:45 pm, without the caller having to identify us - and the call was a phishing scam. The front desk staff did not seem particularly concerned when we reported it twice. The night staff not concerned enough (even though he said that he had a similar complaint from another guest) to tell the manager or the day staff.

Room Tip: There is a strip club across the street,but there was never any noise or traffic from the club.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry for your experience. Your feedback regarding your stay including our free grab-and-go breakfast, free Wi-Fi and maintenance will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance and customer service policies to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

If you have any additional feedback, please contact me directly, at foa@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nothing like the website advertises. In fact I would strongly suspect that most good reviews are generated by hotel employees or the manager as I can see no reason for this hotel to get a positive review. All the poor reviews are accurate regarding cleanliness, the lack of breakfast, and the terrible "free" Internet. It's nothing more than a dive hotel that overcharges for their rooms and they will try and charge you more than you were quoted online unless you confront them about it. Dishonest and disappointing!

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness and am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Your feedback regarding our free Wi-Fi and grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly, at foa@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Fort Yukon, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a great clean room when i arrived . The only thing I didnt like was that house keeping only comes if u stay for a week, other then that u have to take your trash out, and get towels from the front. Fred meyers is in walking distance for food

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Corrina - Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Still, I apologize that our housekeeping policy did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

When we arrived , we had to make sure our wheeled suitcases & we dodged the dog poop by the front door. Adding to our first impression was the overflowing trash receptacle which wasn't emptied all weekend. You can't regulate the heat in the room, so it was about 75-80 in the room. We stayed in a handicap accessible room & the bathroom floor was sloped improperly so the some of the shower water flowed towards the toilet rather than the floor drain. The floor was wet constantly after the first shower. We put down towels so we wouldn't slip.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mike – I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not up to standard during your visit. I apologize that you experienced issues with your shower and the heat in your room. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure these problems do not continue in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at foa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This has the potential to be a nice place to stay but is very dirt and not maintained by management and staff at this time. Also do not expect to have your reservations respected. When you arrive you may not get the room type/ area you asked for.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of our hotel was not up to standard during your visit. To make sure this doesn’t happen again, I will be working closely with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning standards and procedures. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention.

Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had to laugh as this was my second ESA on this trip, where the first had dirty under clothing under the bed, this one had dirty dishes from the previous guest. (I assume the last guest).
I have become annoyed with the inability to control the room heat in these rooms and probably won't stay there any longer.

Room Tip: Check under the beds before staying.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
David – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there were items in your room from a previous guest. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that you experienced difficulties with the heat in your room. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. I hope that you will contact me directly, at foa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way? Share your experiences!