“A must stop” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese
Oxnard
“A must stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

While sitting in Fred Meyers. I was looking on trip advisor for a place to eat. Saw Aha was just a short walk away. I'm so glad we made the walk. We decided on the family style meal. The food was just plain good. From the almost numerous different styles of kimchi to the dinner. Service was excellent. If in Fairbanks and looking for good oriental food. Aha is the place.

Visited June 2014

“Very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The owner told my husband about her restaurant while she was cutting his hair and told him the reason she opened it. After hearing her story, we had to try. I'm so glad we did! Our food was delicious. Our poor waitress tripped over a running child while we were there and I'm still concerned about her. Hope she's okay.

We will definitely be frequent patrons.

Agana, Mariana Islands
“Worth trying.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We've eaten here enough to have tried a good amount of dishes. The food is good. Do give it a try it's definitely better than any other Asian restaurant we've been to in Fairbanks. Lets just hope they dont start cutting all corners and giving up authenticity. Oh and clean restroom too, I appreciate that.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous Chinese food -- crappy service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This was the best Chinese food that we've had in a long long time. We would definitely recommend the dinner combination option which charges a per person rate for a number of dishes to share. My red wine was a very healthy portion but came ice cold, we've told the waitress that generally, no, always, red wine is served at room temperature so hopefully the next people to visit will not have ice cold wine to drink with their meal. Our waitress was quite strange, she asked us for identification before she served us and even though we could understand her asking me (who is 38) we just couldn't understand why she would need it from my husband who is 49. She didn't clear our plates at the end of the meal and had a very weird table side manner. We would definitely go back for the food but we'd just hope that we didn't get the same server...

Visited March 2014
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Fairbanks has great Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese Cuisines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The Aha Oriental Kitchen has not been opened long so my wife and I decided to give it a try. Although it may appear to be at a bad intersection (Trainor Gate Road/Steese Highway the entrance to the parking lot is far enough down Trainor Gate Road as to be no problem.
The first thing I noticed was the Arctic Entry Way into the Restaurant. The doors are actually good Fairbanks winter doors and the distance between the outside door and the inner door is long enough that you don’t get the cold draft when people enter and leave. The interior of the restaurant was lighted very well and warm. The warmth coming for the slab heating so that there are not cold spots within the restaurant. In fact it is a new building. The place is very clean and one can plainly see into the kitchen that also appears very clean.
The menu consist of Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese cuisines. My wife ordered the Vegetable Pho soup that cost $13.00. It came in a very large bowl that she could not finish. She said that the soup was very, very, good. I had the Sizzling Platter –Shrimp, scallops, and chicken stir-fried with market fresh vegetables in a garlic sauce at $23.00. The platter was great and the vegetables were indeed market fresh. In fact the owner told us she buys the vegetables at the local organic market. For drinks I had a coke which came in a bottle and my wife ginger, honey tea. I tasted the ginger, honey tea and it was out of this world. So I would say the food is great!
The service was most excellent and we were seated immediately, our orders taken, and the food came out in a very acceptable time.
I highly suggest this restaurant if you want some good oriental food. In addition the restaurant gives 10% of its profits to our local Army Post, Fort Wainwright in support of our troops there.

• Visited January 2014