“Third Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Arizona
“Third Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my third visit to Pike's Landing and I wanted an encore of the meal I'd had in 2011; unfortunately, this time the meal was not so great. What *was* great is that when I mentioned it to the server she offered to change out the meal for something else, and I had a really good burger instead. Enjoyed the atmosphere, friendly staff and fast service (Saturday night; they were starting to get busy and had a large group on the way). It was my last night in town and I didn't feel like driving anywhere (long train trip the next day) so it was nice to enjoy a meal within walking distance of my room, relaxing at a table near the fireplace. Maybe next time I will have room for one of their desserts; they look terrific. Looking forward to stopping in again next year.

Visited January 2013
cheffreyl, Manager at Pike's Landing, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We look foward to your next trip in our new and updated PIKES LANDING...

“Old and Dingy, not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I went here for Sunday brunch after getting so many recommendations for it, but let me tell you it did not live up to my expectations! It's old and outdated it smells very musty and dingy like the carpet got wet and never dried! Their buffet was oddly placed in my opinion. Only good thing was the dessert bar, but who wants dessert for breakfast?!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pikes has been here on the banks of the chena river Since the late 1960s ,its sucess has been the consistancy ,yes and thank you for noting that we are a pillar of the town of fairbanks .Where they have voted us as having the BEST BRUNCH ....AGAIN !!!
Palmer, Alaska
“Good food, nice view on the river.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We recently had lunch at Pike's and it was very good! The firewood was being stacked outside as we parked and as we entered there was the warming smell of a fire in the fireplace. The bar area was somewhat busy, so we sat in the adjoining area, which we had all to ourselves. There is a great view of the river and in the summer guests can sit on the deck. I had the crab bisque($9.95), which very good, but also very rich! Also had a side salad($5.95), and my husband and daughter had burgers($12-$13), also very good.

cheffreyl, Manager at Pike's Landing, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hey Morningstar AK ,thank you for taking the time to notice ,all the things we do to make your visit at PIKES great ! thank you for a great review ..see you soon !!
Madison, Georgia
“Good Alaskan Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Quality Alaskan food in a choice of two settings, a bar area with tables or a formal dining room. Either way you can't go wrong, only compliant was service was kind of slow for Wednesday night. But the food/prices, not to mention ambience make it an authentic Alaskan choice.

Visited January 2013
You should take a look at our new and exciting decor and warmed ,sure do appreciate your attention to detail!!
USA
“Pike's Landing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Pikes has a pleasant decor and it is located on the banks of the Chena River. The food is good but it does not "knock your socks off" if you know what I mean. The owner supports locally grown and he is really an advocate for the community.

Visited November 2012
We love our little commuity Thanks for noticing !!