“A welcome, cozy haven!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“A welcome, cozy haven!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nestled in the Sophie Station hotel, we felt like we were walking into someone's study and welcomed to relax and enjoy a beer and big screen and sandwich meal. The food was tasty and the atmosphere was our favorite!

Visited December 2012

Fairbanks, Alaska
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised to a wonderful lunch at Zach's recently. I ordered a Thai style salad and it was delicious. My friend also ordered a Thai style dish and loved it. I'll be back. Too full for dessert.

Visited December 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Service was excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Food was very good. the service by Joe in the bar was exceptional. He took the time to explain the menu and helped us relay our special nutrional needs to the cooks :-) He went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alaska
“Hard to believe a meal could be so bad....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

This was one of the worst meals I have ever had in a restaurant. It started off bad and just went downhill. I ordered a glass of red wine. It was clearly from a corked bottle. Then, I asked the waitress if the fish and chips were any good. She said they were really good and the kitchen made the batter themselves versus buying frozen battered fish. Well, they are really enthusiastic with the batter in the kitchen. It was hard to find any fish and with that much batter, much of it was not cooked. The cabbage, I won't call it coleslaw, was served in long, thin slices. It was hard to stab it or get it on a fork. It seemed the kitchen was too lazy to cut it up properly. The only edible thing on the plate were the fries. When the waitress asked how the fish was, I told her it just seemed to be all batter.....I had a pile of batter sitting on the plate after hunting for the fish...she just walked away.

Hope Island, Australia
“Nice but overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had dinner at Zach's beginning of August, we were staying at Sopihes hotel in Fairbanks and thought we would try the in house restaurant.
The food was ok, service shocking (service all over Alaska is shocking it's not just this restaurant)
I had the cod, it wasn't hot and it was a extremely small portion for what they charged. Others in my group had the salmon which was also mediocre and the steak which wasnt great at all.
If you are staying at Sophie's, look around there are much nicer restaurants nearby, you can get a cab quickly and within 10 min go to restaurants with a river view and great food.
Would not go back