“It's new...give it time” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 193 restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Japanese
Ansbach
“It's new...give it time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I ate lunch with my girls and was not overly impressed. I've had better. The service was efficient. A bit too "in your face". When we called to see if they were open, they would not tell us if the hibachi grills were available for use during lunch just told us to show up. Ordering was a breeze however, the chef still gave me stuff I did not ask for. The noodles were not that good and the shrimp was a bit overlooked. The show he put on was mediocre. I'm sure they will improve as they find their groove so I would be willing to give them another opportunity.

Visited May 2013

75% Recommend
“Unremarkable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Reservations are given but not honored. Tiny waiting area and if you show up at your appointed time you still wait wait wait. Got a pretty weird reaction also when trying to explain minimal dietary restrictions too vet he chef was not happy and showed it. Food was unremarkable. Steak not good, tough. This restaurant could benefit from some competition in town.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
“Excellent hibachi dining in Fairbanks AK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We ate at the Shogun for the second time, and the improvement in serving efficiency is amazing. Our initial experience was marked by a long wait before being seated and another once seated. That is no longer. We were seated promptly, ordered drinks quickly, ordered our meal, and received very fast, efficient service. The hibachi food is entertaining and delicious. We both had calamari hibachi which was tasty. We're looking forward to either scallops or shrimp next. We were also entertained by several birthday parties when we were there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ogden, Utah
“Finally made it in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We wanted to come here on Sat night, however the line went out of the building and we weren't about to wait!

We called and they said it was pretty much immediate seating, we got there around 6:30 PM, and I am glad we didn't wait any longer. By the time we left they had people waiting for seats to open up.

The show was pretty good, it seems to be pretty standard, most places flip shrimp in your mouth if you want to play, they did broccoli here. They did squirt sake in your mouth tho which was an added bonus. It was really good, and I was wishing I would have ordered me some to drink. I was expecting Sushi to be served here as most Hibachi places I have been to had it. However they did not have any. No big deal, I got my edamame.

I got the Shogun combo dinner, the filet was great it melted in your mouth, the shrimp were good, and the chicken was awesome. The noodles, rice, and vegies were great. I do like the dipping sauces they give you as well.

We had someone in our group with a food allergy to mushrooms and they did a great job at keeping it separate when they were cooking the food for everyone else.

Lots of food and not too bad priced. 3 of us for about 100 bucks and we ordered 3 appetizers.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome place for a girls night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food great service and really fun to watch. Would really recomend for a date too. Delious steak n scallops and salmon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere