“The Worst Fairbanks Has to Offer” 1 of 5 stars

(907) 455-9113
Improve this listing
Ranked #99 of 198 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
“The Worst Fairbanks Has to Offer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you are wanting good food at the right price and want a pleasant experience...this is NOT the place to go. If you have been to any other restaurants in the world or even in Fairbanks....this is by far the place NOT to go. Keep going to whatever place you usually get food, even if its at a gas station, because this is the worst experience I've ever had in my entire 43 years of life!

This was the first time my daughter and I went to this restaurant. I easily ordered my daughter her meal and asked about the baked potato and ordered some mozzarella sticks. I asked if I can have a loaded potato and if it cost extra I'd happily pay. The waitress said that the cheese and bacon will be charged for, but not the sour cream. I said fine. She immediately left and I wasn't finish ordering...I needed something to drink! The potato showed up with cheese and bacon...I asked for the sour cream and the waitress went to the back were I can hear the cook say they didn't have any.

Five minutes later I got my mozzarella sticks, they were so over cook the cheese was outside the actual breading and it didn't come with marina sauce....because they ran out of that too. Instead of telling me soon after I ordered they told me after the fact.

I told the waitress that this was my first time here and so far it was a bad experience..in turn she actually said, "I know it was a bad experience" and left to help another customer.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Michigan
“Best place in town for breakfast!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is a little off the beaten path for being right in town. But once found it was a gem. Food was great, prices were great. You can't say that about a lot of restaurants in Fairbanks. Service was good. Smoking room off to the side and you could not smell it in the regular part of the restaurant. This is a statement of a non smoker. We would go back again for sure. Very good value.

Visited June 2012
near Boston
“Wow what a breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

The portions were huge and delicious as well. We both got an omelette which I ehighly recommended. If I lived here I would be a regular!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Way better than Airport way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This place is the best! Every time I am hung over I eat here and boom, I feel like a human again. I usually get the chicken fried steak and eggs. It is always a perfect fattening meal. One of my favorite sandwiches is the hometown deluxe- it has roast beef, american cheese, grilled onions and sour cream. It is really good. One of my close friends got the deluxe blt, which has a ton of bacon, cheese, ham, an egg, pineapple, lettuce, tomatos and jalapenos. I tried a bite and it was soooo bomb! I can't wait to go back as I have become a regular.

Visited December 2011
North Pole, AK
“Great place to get breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Stuffed Hashbrowns are awesome. Service is always fast. Orders are always accurate, best place in town to get a big, fast breakfast. I have never had lunch or dinner at Hometown but the menu sounds pretty good. Also, one of the few establishments in town with a smoking section that is seperated from the non-smoking section.

• Visited February 2011