“We enjoyed it very much” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Chicago Heights, Illinois
“We enjoyed it very much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The food was very, very good, not a looser on any table. We had crab legs, prime rib, cod, halibut, salmon, every thing was excellent. The salads and sides were also very good. The service was friendly and attentive. For $30 I felt it was a great price. It came recommended by a local. I'd go back again!

Tucson, AZ
“Gotta try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

When in Alaska, gotta eat Salmon. This Salmon bake had all the touristy flare. Good food, great atmosphere and friendly staff.

Pros-LOTS of FOOD, all you can care to eat, king crabs, salmon, cod, prime rib and all the fixin's. Honors military discount.

Cons--TOO much food, dessert was slim and for the price, they should include drinks

• 4 of 5 stars Food
North Pole, Alaska
“Super Delicous! Excellent Value for the amount of food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We visited the Salmon Bake when we first arrived. It is one of the best meals around. You get more than enough food and if you arent happy with the food they will glady give you another plate! However that wasnt the case, the meat was cooked perfectly and the different kinds of fish were exquisite! Its just the way Alaskan food should be!! I dont agree with others stating this is a tourist trap. You get great food, halibut, cod, prime rib, salads, rolls and dessert for a minimal price $39 as much as you want.. sometimes crab legs to boot! What?? We are a family of six and it was well worth every penny!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
North Pole, Alaska
“Tourist Trap Extraordinaire :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

You would think in this day and age of slowing tourist traffic that local 'touristy' type places would shift some focus to those of us who live here. That is certainly NOT the case at the "Alaska" Salmon Bake. Purchased tickets for this buffet preseason with the understanding they could be used Sun-Thurs on non-crab nights. We arrive on a Sunday evening only to be confronted with an upcharge of $6 per person for their "special" halibut night. When half of my party doesn't eat fish this is less than warm and fuzzy. When speaking to the manager BETH, she could care less what we think/feel. Halibut is expensive and tough luck. To boot all, the food sucks. Period. The baked beans are GREAT and my husband said the halibut was actually okay although tiny bits of deep fried fish hardly what he expected for 'expensive' halibut. The 'salad bar' is not a salad bar. It's a mess of bland salads ... greens already soaking in dressing .. macaroni salad ... potato salad .. all without flavor. I do not eat fish so was counting of a nice piece of prime rib .. not going to happen. What awaited me was medium rare prime rib and no opportunity for it to be further cooked for me. I don't eat bloody meat so I had rolls and baked beans for $39. Yippee! As others have said .. the desserts are thin choc and vanilla sheet caked with frozen berries. Beyond disappointing when our intention was actually to help out a "local" business. That won't be happening again here any time soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

All you can Eat Outdoor buffet - outdoor or indoor seating. A very neat atmosphere. Wood grilled Salmon, fried cod/halibut, crab legs, prime rib, salad bar, desserts! I enjoyed my experience. It was a rainy day.. but they were still grilling food. Everything I ate was delicious. Don't forget to get a picture riding the wooden salmon!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food