“Super Food But I have my Doubts” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 198 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Seattle
“Super Food But I have my Doubts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I asked around for restaurants in downtown Fairbanks. I decided on Gambardella's as a suitable cuisine. It has a friendly, warm atmosphere when you enter the place. I was escorted quickly to my table and perused the menu. It was great. So I did the chicken cannelloni. I asked for the marinara sauce and was not disappointed. Great salad and bread too.

My doubts were from the unclean floors. You could see cigarette butts and other junk on the floor near the table and that only makes me wonder. Oh, well, it was good food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fairbanks, Alaska
“great little hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food is amazing and it is one of those quaint little establishments you see in the movies. The staff is awesome and they also do delivery. If you want to stay at home to eat.

Visited February 2013
Hidden Hills, California
“Nice bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We walked to this restaurant as suggested by the staff at our hotel. We sat in the attractive bar at a high-top table. We were eating light, so we ordered appetizers. Very nice wait staff. Pleasant surroundings. Nice wine list. No outdoor seating.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Everett, WA
“Snooty staff just the start”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The place was crowded when we arrived, and by the time we finished, I couldn't understand why.

Staff is snooty and frankly look like they'd rather be anywhere but at the restaurant.
Food is overpriced, bland at best. But I guess with such limited competition, they can do whatever they want and people will still show up.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great food and the waitress was very helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We popped into the restaurant for an early evening meal. The staff were very helpful. We ordered a pizza and it was really tasty. We had a soup appetiser which was a hearty mushroom soup with some great crusty bread. It wasn't too expensive.