“friendly staff, nice rooom, plug ins for your car” 4 of 5 stars

Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4477 Pikes Landing Road, Fairbanks, AK 99709   |
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Anchorage, Alaska
“friendly staff, nice rooom, plug ins for your car”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

We attended the Master Gardener Conf at the hotel. Great rate of $ 69 (conf rate), internet rate is $ 89 on Princess site. The interior of the public areas was very nice, fire places burning, internet is free in lobby and public areas. Gym has much equipment and a steam room. Our room faced the Chena River, about 200 feet away, and nice view of the surrounding area. A nice reading chair, coffee maker, and comfortable bed were in our room. The restaurant was ok for breakfast ( oatmeal wasn't good ), but all dishes were reasonable for Fairbanks. The banquet our group had was very good and service attentive. The large ballroom was nice too. Outside were plug ins for your car, needed in the -25 at night temperatures. Staff were nice. Heating in our room was a bit hot, so they told us to open a window. That did it!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Carpinteria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2007

I really thought this was an excellent hotel. I really enjoyed my stay, especially compared to the Westmark (also in Fairbanks).

My River Lodge room was nicely decorated and the bathroom had beautiful tile.

The employees at the front desk were friendly and helpful. I stayed during the Fairbanks Ice Sculpture Contest and it was hard to get a taxi. The girl at the front desk spent several minutes contacting different companies to get me transportation.

There's a free convenient shuttle to and from the airport.

The river was iced over when I visited but you can walk outside and see it. It's a beautiful view. Seems like there is a walking path next to the river.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

I really didn't like this hotel. I stayed there while on tour with Princess Cruises. Maybe because we were a tour with a lot of people, they put us in a horrible, old, dark room. Quite unpleasant for my taste.

• Stayed August 2002
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2005

We stayed here for the first 2 days/nights of a Princess land tour. The room was OK not extrordinary. WiFi was not available in the room, only in the lobby. The restaurants were mediocre and crowded. If I stayed again, I would use 2 for 1 coupons in the Alaska coupon book. Otherwise, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2005
Lawrenceville, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2005

My family of 5 stayed here for the last night of our Alaskan cruise vacation; my wife and I in one room and my three teens in another before flying home the next day. Date was Monday 6/20/05

Positives:
- Bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept on
- Carpet, linens, etc were all clean and new

Negatives:
- Air conditioning shut down early evening; fortunately it was not too hot but still unacceptable as we sweated through the night
- The food in the restaurant was overpriced and service (while they tried hard) was lacking. The quality was below average

Since we were taking a land package that accompanied our cruise we had no say on the hotel we stayed in. If the air conditioning had been working I would be able to recommend this hotel...

One note in closing, the Princess staff (outfitter desk, bus drivers, etc.) were all outstanding - friendly, courteous, caring, personable. They added to the overall experience

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

This Princess Lodge does a good job at the usual cruise line services, but in one instance at least one member of the staff far exceeded expectations. They have coaches ferrying Princess customers to the airport, but I needed to go at a different time to pick up a rental car. No problem: a nice fellow got a clean van and off we went. "The mountains are out!" he said (it was my first glimpse of Mt. McKinley, which I would not have noticed otherwise). I asked him for directions to another hotel, and he said, "I'll take you there to show you the way." He deserves a bonus and a raise.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2004

I expected the quality of other Princess hotels, but this one lacks it. Cheap decoration, depressing hotel.

Been to Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge? Share your experiences!