“Unusual and interesting!” 5 of 5 stars

Visit The Aurora Ice Museum like an insider
Top Rated
$175*
and up
Northern Lights and Chena Hot Springs Tour from...
Ranked #11 of 68 things to do in Fairbanks
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Randolph
“Unusual and interesting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

All three adults enjoyed the Ice Museum tremendously. The ice sculptors' work is outstanding, and the tour guide was both funny and interesting. We had never seen anything like the museum.

Washington, DC
24 attraction reviews
“Beautiful! Very neat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My fiance and I visited the museum right before going to the Chena Hot Springs. It's $15 a person for what takes probably 20 or so minutes but it really is cool, so it was worth it. The couple who owns and sculpts all the sculptures are extremely talented. Taking pictures in the museum was really fun. And it's nice that they have parkas provided for you so you'd be cold, but it would be doable if you didn't have hat and gloves (we did and we were glad). Be sure to get there on time for the last tour (7 PM) if you're coming to the hot springs at night.

Atlanta, GA
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing .. Must See”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Ice museum is amazing! One of a kind, I suggest you do the tour and visit the Ice Hotel Rooms inside. For $500+ a night you can actually try and stay in the Ice Hotel. We had Apple Martinis in the ice martini glasses. There is an igloo for kids with an ice xylophone they can play. A neat experience for the young & old.

Durham, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
“Very nice sculptures - worth a visit if you are in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Aurora Ice Museum is located in the Chena Hot Springs resort, about an hour drive from Fairbanks. We went there for the purpose of visiting the ice museum and did not try the hot springs. It was my husband's idea to see the ice museum and I was not sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. However I must point out that the ice museum is not a museum that you can just enter. There are specific tour times that you go at and we didn't check this out before we went. The tour times are at 1, 3, 5, and 7pm and we arrived at 5:15pm so we had to wait until 7pm for the tour. We walked around the area but since we weren't interested in the hot springs, there was not much to see around there. There are a ton of mosquitoes so we ended up in the Activities Center watching the news on tv until our tour time. The ice museum inside is cold and they provide the coats you need. Still, be sure to bring gloves so that you can take photos without freezing. There are a lot of different sculptures and I was amazed by the details on some of these - there were animals, knights on horses, and they're quite large too! The tour is really a 5 minute talk by the guide and then free time to look around. It is not super big but the hour goes by quickly as I was busy changing settings on my camera to try to take the best photos. They also have a bar where you can be served an appletini for $15 - we didn't try this because we had read reviews that it wasn't good. If you are there for the hot springs, I would definitely recommend you visit this.

Copenhagen, Denmark
13 attraction reviews
“Pretty and interesting place. Not a touristtrap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is a very pretty place and we enjoyed our visit. I found it interesting to see the workproces. Didn't try the bar.

Visited August 2012

Been to The Aurora Ice Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Aurora Ice Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.