Loved the hanging baskets and the staff! The staff was really nice and the food was very good at the Chena Alaskan Grille. They even do carry out. One night, I brought my food back to the room. As for the room, don't expect much because every hotel in Fairbanks is really expensive in Fairbanks compared to the lower 48. The TV in my room mostly didn't get any of cable channels, but who wants to watch TV while in AK? The bed was pretty hard and isn't one of the fancy kind that they have in many chain hotels these days. Also because of the humidity and age, the rooms have a musty smell that probably can't be avoided in the little huts. They did provide shampoo, etc... useful for those who fly in. It is really close to the airport, so they can arrange pick up and drop off. The Internet was spotty in my room, but worked fine in the main part of the hotel. Overall it was okay for a couple of nights.
This place would be great for young couples or families with kids. I liked it there. Don't expect it to be like a Hilton or Marriott. It would be okay for vacationers, I think. Not so good for folks who have to be at meetings or doing work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An afternoon on a sunny riverbank exemplifies the best of Interior Alaska; this place is built around that knowledge. Trim little cottages stand in a grassy compound along the gentle Chena River. Inside, each light, airy cottage is an excellent standard hotel room, with high ceilings and two queen beds. Outside, they're like a little village, where guests can sit on the patio, watch the river go by, soak up the midnight sun and socialize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your River's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River`s Edge Hotel Fairbanks
- Rivers Edge Fairbanks
- River's Edge Resort Fairbanks, Alaska