“Wow! Incredibly accommodating, thoughtful and comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Multi - Day Discount
Ranked #3 of 44 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Wow! Incredibly accommodating, thoughtful and comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I can say without a doubt that this B&B was the most comfortable and pleasant stay I've ever experienced. Van and Bill were available, yet not unduly fussy. The breakfasts were unique and really tasty. In fact, one morning we enjoyed some of the "catch" of other guests. Our last day, Van made some Spain-inspired hot chocolate that almost made me cancel my flight so I could stay and have more. And, the room was wonderful; true to the period of the home, yet with all the amenities you would expect from a top-notch B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed two nights in Billie's guest house.
For more than ten years, I stayed a number of guest houses all over the world,
and I would say, this is one of the best.

I love Billie's welcoming and coffee,
and its surroundings are beautiful,
and I could make it to see the northern lights!!!

Thanks Billie for all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I has a wonderful stay at the Alaska Heritage House B&B, and very much enjoyed the super friendly host, yummy breakfasts, and the charm of this warm, delightful house (filled with antiques). Everything was very clean, comfortable, and cozy. The house is very quiet at night, and offers a lot of privacy for the guests as well. I especially enjoyed learning about the home's (and all of the owners') fascinating history (it's on the National Register). Excellent location next to the downtown area too. Lots of nice, detailed touches are provided -- and I appreciated the ability to use the kitchen as well. Thank you for offering such a great lodging place in Fairbanks!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Alaska Heritage House for an extended visit while visiting my son during the second half of 2012. The antique bed, wing chairs, and other furniture pieces in the room created a comfortable and functional place for me to use. My hosts did their utmost to help me plan any outings I was interested in from local cultural events to wild berry picking. They were also thoughtful about catering to the specific dietary needs of guests and served many of my favorite breakfasts, upon request, including their famous sourdough pancakes and reindeer sausage, salmon cakes, and cinnamon-raisin french toast. There was also always a freshly baked cake and fresh fruit in the dining room for guest snacking. My room was meticulously cleaned, and there was always an ample stack of fresh towels for the week. It is also a place that draws nice people to it. I met a number of interesting people -- some of whom have become personal friends. There is a lovely wicker-filled porch at the front of the house, and a small stone patio with table and chairs in the back. If you are visiting in the summer, you might enjoy using the bicycles. The bus stop across the street takes you just about anywhere you want to go to shop or to the University, and there are a number of very good downtown restaurants, coffee shops, art galleries, and theatre within walking distance. A very pleasant place, and consistently excellent over the months I stayed here. I loved their adorable dog Mabel who greeted everyone each morning!

Room Tip: I loved the Blanche Cascaden room, but all of the rooms have their own unique style and are named af...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fairbanks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here on an extended-stay basis for several months, as I was getting settled in the area earlier this past summer. From the beginning, the owners (Van and Bill) made me feel welcome and were willing to accommodate my any need (including arranging activities for me to meet others in the area). The rooms and property are immaculate, the breakfast is delicious and diverse (Van incorporates various ethnic cuisine to spice up the routine pancakes and bacon breakfast), and the historical preservation of the inn is top-notch. If you are coming to Fairbanks and want a unique experience that you will always remember, you won't go wrong by staying here. Van and Bill truly take pride in operating this B+B and it reflects that in every way. Now that I live in Fairbanks and will have numerous visitors from the lower 48, I can assure you I will be sending them to the Alaska Heritage House!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A step back into history! Well redone regurgitation of a home from Fairbanks's history past that has been brought back to it's splendor of 1916. Built by one of Fairbanks's historical restaurant owners for his wife and himself. He came to Fairbanks in it's early days getting in one the gold rush miner's looking for a meal.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I meant to write this back in September after we returned from our Alaska trip. Better late than never. This is really a fine place to stay. My husband and I stayed with my brother and his wife in a garden level 2-room + small kitchen suite. Not too much natural light, but it was a delightful place nonetheless and ideal for the four of us. The house itself is lovely and open; the hosts lent us their bicycles to tour the town and gave us plenty of information to make our short visit as full as possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Alaska Heritage House? Share your experiences!