This hotel looks pretty new. The housekeeping did an excellent job - very clean rooms, and they didn't bug us when we slept in like some places do. The bed was extremely comfortable, among the best. The television allowed adjusting the picture aspect ratio so I wasn't trapped looking at a world of ridiculously fat faces - I wish upscale chains would offer that. The room had double-double pane windows (4 sheets of glass) which kept all the road and aircraft noise out. And they opened wide for fresh air.
The location was very handy: 5 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes from the university. A large Fred Meyers store was directly across the street for picking up snacks and such.
The room was of average size and had a refrigerator and coffee maker, but no microwave. We had a large stall shower but no tub. If you like bathtubs, you better ask about availability. The hot water was turned low and showers were tepid - my only real complaint. Towels were thick. There was excellent free wireless Internet that ran fast enough to run streaming movies - Hilton take note! The free breakfast included hot bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs - definitely better than the usual creepy Danish and cold cereal.
It was a basic motel, but they did everything well. For the price we paid I was very satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Alaska hotel offers friendly service and modern accommodations all within minutes of the airport and bustling downtown Fairbanks. Feel right at home at this recently opened Fairbanks, Alaska hotel with modern furnishings and generous amenities. The sizeable, tidy and smoke-free rooms at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge offer high-speed Internet access, a refrigerator, a desk, cable satellite television and a coffeemaker. Each morning, hotel guests can get a start to their day with a complimentary full continental breakfast.This Fairbanks hotel's business center allows business travelers to stay productive. This Alaska lodge also offers meeting spaces accommodating up to 15 people. Unwind after a long day of sightseeing or out-of-town work in the fitness center at this Fairbanks hotel.Vacationers can enjoy convenient freeway access, allowing for quick and easy visits to nearby local attractions - such as the Museum of the North, Alaska at 40 below, the El Dorado Gold Mine and the Ice Museum - most of which are only five minutes away. Families vacationing at this Fairbanks, AK hotel will be delighted to spend the day taking a cruise on the Riverboat Discovery or playing at Pioneer Park, Alaska's largest amusement park. This Fairbanks, AK hotel is the closest hotel to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, making this the perfect location for visiting parents, students and staff to stay. Guests can rest assured, as a hospital is only five minutes away. The Fairbanks International Airport is also only a couple miles away from this Alaska hotel.For an affordable stay at an exceptional hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska, reserve a stay online at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chena River Hotel Fairbanks
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska