We spent two nights at this hotel at the end of our Alaskan vacation.
Our room was immaculately clean - the bathroom was spotless!
Although the hotel is located near the airport, and close to two major highways, aircraft and road noise were not a problem. The location was excellent - within five minutes of the airport, and ten minutes of most of Fairbanks' attractions.
Even though it's daylight almost 24 hours a day in the summer, the curtains on our room were heavy enough that we could make our room completely dark when we wanted to sleep.
Breakfast was adequate - several choices, but definitely not as nice as the breakfast at a Hampton Inn.
This hotel does not have a shuttle bus for guests. If you need transportation to / from the airport or the train station, the hotel gives you a voucher for cab fare, that you give to your driver. The hotel pays for cab fare, but not the tip.
Several taxi companies serve Fairbanks. When we made our reservation, we were not told that the hotel only has contracts with two of these companies. Fortunately, I called the hotel to verify arrangements when our train arrived, and the night manager told me which cabs I could use. It would have been very frustrating to have taken a cab from the wrong company, and not be reimbursed for it.
I also felt that some of the front desk staff were less helpful than others.
Despite these concerns, I still recommend this property, It is a clean hotel, in a good location, and also was a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Alaska hotel offers friendly service and modern accommodations all within minutes of the airport and bustling downtown Fairbanks. Feel right at home at this recently opened Fairbanks, Alaska hotel with modern furnishings and generous amenities. The sizeable, tidy and smoke-free rooms at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge offer high-speed Internet access, a refrigerator, a desk, cable satellite television and a coffeemaker. Each morning, hotel guests can get a start to their day with a complimentary full continental breakfast.This Fairbanks hotel's business center allows business travelers to stay productive. This Alaska lodge also offers meeting spaces accommodating up to 15 people. Unwind after a long day of sightseeing or out-of-town work in the fitness center at this Fairbanks hotel.Vacationers can enjoy convenient freeway access, allowing for quick and easy visits to nearby local attractions - such as the Museum of the North, Alaska at 40 below, the El Dorado Gold Mine and the Ice Museum - most of which are only five minutes away. Families vacationing at this Fairbanks, AK hotel will be delighted to spend the day taking a cruise on the Riverboat Discovery or playing at Pioneer Park, Alaska's largest amusement park. This Fairbanks, AK hotel is the closest hotel to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, making this the perfect location for visiting parents, students and staff to stay. Guests can rest assured, as a hospital is only five minutes away. The Fairbanks International Airport is also only a couple miles away from this Alaska hotel.For an affordable stay at an exceptional hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska, reserve a stay online at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chena River Hotel Fairbanks
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska