“Terribly Over Priced and Noisy !!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Pine Mountain, Georgia
“Terribly Over Priced and Noisy !!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Arriving during night audit and tired beyond belief, they had us. Way over priced for what it is, they did upgrade us to a suite. The arrangement of what is refereed to as a 'suite' was a bit strange, for unless I missed something the bathroom must be considered the second room. Maybe the couch makes it a suite. Even with AAA we thought the property overpriced. HIE was right across the street but we were just too tired to try. The room was clean and breakfast as expected for Inns these days. There is a 24 hour McDonald's next door and while an added source of street noise, the 2:00AM burgers were a welcome fare after a trip up the Ice Road. Very noisy, street noise was quite loud and we had difficulty getting the continuous fan to operate on the ac for a masking effect. We were finally successful but were awoken early by housekeeping. It sounded like someone going up and down the main drag without a muffler during the night.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper levels, we were on the opposite side of the Inn from the Highway but that did not s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
casthompson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here multiple times on business trips with our newborn and we love it. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean, and the bed is very comfortable. There is not much more you can ask for at a hotel in Fairbanks. If they had a hotel bar we could easily give them 5 stars!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The room was clean, well-maintained, comfy bed -- overall a restful and comfortable stay. I'm very pleased that the hotel washes all the bedding covering for each stay (including the duvet covers) because cleanliness is important to me. I did think the price was on the high side for what was provided, but since I have no real complaints with my stay and I would choose this hotel again for any future stay in Fairbanks, I'm endorsing it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here as a home base for a few nights at the end of our August Alaska vacation. This location was in good condition, and the room was clean and functional.

The only things I didn't love about this property is the price (I know Alaska is expensive, but I didn't see the value here Vs some of the other places we stayed on this trip in Alaska), and the breakfasts were marginal (very processed/instant foods).

The location is great in that it is very close to shopping and restaurants, and is right off a main road. There is a Wal-Mart right across and this Wal-Mart actually had some nice Alaska souvenirs, as well as a full grocery store.

The pool area was nice, but they kept the water quite cold compared to other hotels.

The parking lot is very good sized so no issues finding a spot to park. Fairbanks is not very big so the location is fine for getting pretty much anywhere. Not much of a view though from this hotel.

All of the workers we encountered were pleasant, and we liked that they had some foods you could buy right by the front desk (even ice cream treats). We were a little disappointed that they only had the fresh cookies one day, and they didn't allow a late checkout even though they were clearly not full. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Excellent & friendly service. Nice clean well-appointed rooms. Good (not great) breakfast. Just what you expect from one of the best large chain hotels. I've literally never been disappointed by a Hampton Inn because I know that I am going to get unluxurious accommodations for a higher than average price but that I am going to be very happy with my stay and feel like I got a decent value, the rooms were a bit expensive at $200 per night, but they were nice rooms. There's nothing unique "Fairbanks" about a Hampton Inn, but there aren't that many nice options in that Alaskan city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

A friend and I finished our week in Alaska with two nights at the Hampton Suites in Fairbanks. I booked it based on TripAdvisor reviews, which can sometimes lead to mixed results, so I was delighted at what a nice hotel it is. Our room was spacious with a huge bathroom. Everything was clean and comfortable, with piles of towels and a great shower. The included breadfast was hot and plentiful. The hotel looks new and is obviously well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful, and gave us a great recommendation for a restaurant nearby for dinner. Fairbanks might not be a hot tourist destination, but this hotel should help it become one.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, but even though it looked out at the freeway, it was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lake Anna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I were at our last hotel after a cruise and land tour in Alaska. Entering the Hampton Inn gave us both a feeling of "this is a great place" and we knew what to expect. We were greeted with smiles and a quick check in process, including the phrase "your Hilton Honors have been updated". As always, there was fresh coffee and fresh cookies in the lobby. What surprised me was the wide halls leading to the rooms. The room was larger than others that we had been in during our trip and equipped with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Because of a late flight leaving Fairbanks we were able to have a late checkout and make use of their shuttle service.
Thanks Hampton Inn of Fairbanks and Casey!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks? Share your experiences!