“Was fine until they charged my CC for "incidentals" that didn't exist” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Fairbanks Hotel

Save Saved
You added Regency Fairbanks Hotel to your Saves list
Regency Fairbanks Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   95 10th Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701   |
Ranked #14 of 24 hotels in Fairbanks
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
“Was fine until they charged my CC for "incidentals" that didn't exist”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

So, I was pleased with the Regency when I stayed there. It's an old hotel in Fairbanks. But they are taking care of it. The front desk lady was nice and the rooms were clean. It would not be my first choice in hotels, but Fairbanks is extremely expensive in the summer, so I went with them.
A few days after checkout, I saw that I had a charge of $60 on my CC. I called the hotel and they told me it was for missing towels. I took no towels. I took nothing from the room. Not even the free soaps. The front desk manager told me that they were missing and I was going to be charged. I attempted to contact the general manager and he never returned my calls. One woman told me 1 towel was missing, another person told me 3. Regardless, $60 for used low quality towels that I didn't take. C'mon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Accident, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed here the day prior to our cruisetour, because the cruisetour hotel was very expensive, and since we didn't get in until after midnight it didn't make sense to pay a lot of money. It was very comfortable and spacious and we appreciated the breakfast. The staff was pleasant and stored our luggage while we walked downtown. They picked us up promptly at the airport--I guess they are used to late night arrivals. The lobby was very nice, as we spent some time there waiting for a taxi to take us to our next hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
a
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011 via mobile

stay away. There are cleaner, better run hotels in Fairbanks. I've stayed at many hotels in the area and have found that this place is where you can stay only if you cannot find a another hotel. It smells horrible as well. The vent fans in the room can keep you awake too.

• Stayed July 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is a very old feeling hotel. The room was large and clean. The restaurant downstairs was awful. Bottom line, I'd spend more money, if I was ever unfortunate enough to be in Fairbanks again, and stay in a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed one night after our cruise/tour ended. The Regency was more centrally located to downtown than the tour hotel. The room was the biggest we had the whole trip with kitchenette. Our room was clean, smelled fresh, and very comfortable--I had a great night's sleep before taking an all night flight back to the lower 48.
Morning buffet was included in room fee and included both hot and cold items, more than expected.
The desk staff was very helpful in giving directions and recommendations for places to see and eat--all within walking distance. They were also very accommodating with transportation needs before and after check-in/check-out.
We got good vibes from the instant we were picked up by the staff at our end-of-tour hotel and would stay again if in Fairbanks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Mountain Home, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Hotel is laid back and old in some sense. But being laid back architecturally, it becomes a nice place for those who seek quiet moments to spend in this northern part of the world. Do not expect high standards and you will realize Regency Fairbanks is doable. Well located andis a good staging ground for nature lovers seeking to travel around Fairbanks and the vicinity Denali National Park.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here for three nights as part of a pre-cruise tour. The hotel seems pretty distant from everything but downtown is just a 15-20 minute walk. The hotel does offer airport pickup which is a big plus. They also offer two evening shuttles to Wal-Mart which is handy since the rooms have kitchens.

Our room was quiet, the bed was comfortable and the shower was nice and hot.

The hotel offered free bottles of water upon departing on excursions. The nearby Westmark Hotel was more upscale and is the one I believe Holand America should have placed us in since this is where their office is located.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Regency Fairbanks Hotel? Share your experiences!