The Downtown Log Cabin isn't really downtown, but rather in a quiet residential neighborhood near downtown; and isn't really a log cabin, except for Al and Verna's house. Our room was the "studio apartment" next door in a 2-story building with the bathroom downstairs, bedroom/ kitchenette upstairs. If you can't climb stairs it won't work for you (and Al made sure we knew this when we booked). It was excellent for us: quiet, clean, spacious, with simple and tasteful decor; and instead of making breakfast, they stock your kitchen with breakfast foods and have the coffee pot all ready to switch on. Fridge, stove, microwave, electric tea kettle, adjacent laundry facilities (although the washer kept automatically starting a new cycle and we had to stand by and shut it off) ... and window shades to shut out the 24-hour midsummer sunshine at night. The shower had generous water pressure, lots of hot water, shampoo and conditioner. Al was super-helpful: he picked us up from the train and drove us to the car rental, the reverse at trip's end, and gave us a Fairbanks map with directions for everywhere we wanted to go. He is a little forgetful by his own admission, so do confirm plans before arriving!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 10 minute riverwalk from the center of old Fairbanks. We are a bed and breakfast offering two rooms in our main house, one apartment in a nearby building and the entire furnished two bedroom house across the street. We provide a full breakfast to the rooms in our house, continental breakfast in the apartment and stand alone house. We offer free shuttle service to and from the airport or train station. We encourage use of our washer/dryer, internet and cable TV. The owners are retired Alaskan teachers who have lived here since 1975. One worked on the Alaskan Pipeline in the 1970's and has stories to tell. We also offer much information about what to see and do while in Fairbanks or northern Alaska. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway Bed and Breakfast - Fairbanks, Alaska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway b&b - Fairbanks, Alaska
- Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway Bed And Breakfast - Fairbanks, Alaska Hotel