We always try to stay overnight when traveling home from Long Island, NY, to NC especially during the holidays. We hit a lot of traffic going through DC and were grateful to finally arrive at this hotel.
The hotel clerk was extremely gracious and friendly. Thank you to all of you who work so hard 24/7/365. Everyone we encountered had a smile, was helpfulness & courteous. I can't tell you how much that matters to us travelers. The parking lot was also very well lit & we were not concerned one bit for our security.
There is a small snack store off the lobby where you can purchase chips, cookies and beverages 24 hrs a day.
Our beds were very comfortable (we had 2 queen beds). Pillows were very fluffy. The flat screen TV screen had great HD quality & was large enough to view no matter where you were in the room.
The bathroom was roomy & immaculate & had customary toiletry amenities (extra room in the shower thanks to the curved bar shower curtain) & a blow dryer that worked great. If I had one wish it would be for a magnifying wall mirror for putting on makeup with my over-40-year-old eyes. The closet had an extra blanket, an ironing board, luggage rack & plenty of hangers. The heating in the room worked fine & we were very comfortable.
Breakfast the next day was very good. On the day we were there we had omelets, bacon, biscuits, the requisite do-it-yourself waffles (sugar free and reg. syrup), a variety of boxed cereal (better than other hotels that put out the stale cereal in clear tubes), yogurt, fresh fruit, breads and danishes, several kinds of very good coffee, hot chocolate, tea, & juices. Everything that was supposed to be hot was hot - everything that was supposed to be cold was cold. The servers were very happy, very hardworking & made sure everything was always full no matter what time you came down to breakfast. One of them even made me a perfect waffle & delivered it to our table after my attempt was comical at best!
The hotel is perfectly situated just off of I-95. Best of all if you're headed south, you'll be driving away from DC traffic when you continue your journey the next day. We'd never stayed there before but judging by our first experience we will always stay there every time we head south on our way home.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg Hotel Fredericksburg
- Hampton Inn And Suites Fredericksburg
- Hampton Inn Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Hotel Fredericksburg