“What a Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Earn 2x Points
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Apex, North Carolina
“What a Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We always try to stay overnight when traveling home from Long Island, NY, to NC especially during the holidays. We hit a lot of traffic going through DC and were grateful to finally arrive at this hotel.

The hotel clerk was extremely gracious and friendly. Thank you to all of you who work so hard 24/7/365. Everyone we encountered had a smile, was helpfulness & courteous. I can't tell you how much that matters to us travelers. The parking lot was also very well lit & we were not concerned one bit for our security.

There is a small snack store off the lobby where you can purchase chips, cookies and beverages 24 hrs a day.

Our beds were very comfortable (we had 2 queen beds). Pillows were very fluffy. The flat screen TV screen had great HD quality & was large enough to view no matter where you were in the room.

The bathroom was roomy & immaculate & had customary toiletry amenities (extra room in the shower thanks to the curved bar shower curtain) & a blow dryer that worked great. If I had one wish it would be for a magnifying wall mirror for putting on makeup with my over-40-year-old eyes. The closet had an extra blanket, an ironing board, luggage rack & plenty of hangers. The heating in the room worked fine & we were very comfortable.

Breakfast the next day was very good. On the day we were there we had omelets, bacon, biscuits, the requisite do-it-yourself waffles (sugar free and reg. syrup), a variety of boxed cereal (better than other hotels that put out the stale cereal in clear tubes), yogurt, fresh fruit, breads and danishes, several kinds of very good coffee, hot chocolate, tea, & juices. Everything that was supposed to be hot was hot - everything that was supposed to be cold was cold. The servers were very happy, very hardworking & made sure everything was always full no matter what time you came down to breakfast. One of them even made me a perfect waffle & delivered it to our table after my attempt was comical at best!

The hotel is perfectly situated just off of I-95. Best of all if you're headed south, you'll be driving away from DC traffic when you continue your journey the next day. We'd never stayed there before but judging by our first experience we will always stay there every time we head south on our way home.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Dear Matt Addis & Staff, Just a short note to express our appreciation for a excellent stay at your Hampton Inn. My wife and I arrived on Oct 25, 2010, this has been our third visit to your hotel when we travel, we were greeted by a very warm and caring staff, who made us feel welcomed as we hit the lobby with a big Hellllloooo's and smile's, they showed enthusiasm and expressed real "Customer Satisfaction & Service".

The accommodations were excellent and we found your facility very neat and clean. We will be sharing this information with family and friends and you can count on us returning.

Pat & Peg Woods

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Maddis, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words about our property. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and should you be in the Fredericksburg area please don't hesitate to give us a call. It was our pleasure having you as a guest.

Matt Addis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed for a week and enjoyed the hotel.. It was clean and the food was delicious

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This was the third year I have stayed at this Hampton Inn, I come to Fredericksburg to run the Marine Corps Half Marathon. The hotel is the best,its located a short distance from the Convention Center and start/finish line of the race. The hotel staff is great,very friendly and helpful. The room was clean,with many extras that you expect in a more expensive hotel. The Free Breakfast is AWESOME,really good food,and great coffee.
I have already made my reservations for next years Marien Corps Marathon at the Hampton,I highly recommend it to all runners.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Stayed at the Hampton Inn on our way from Toronto to our vacation spot in North Carolina. Everything was perfect for a $124. Trusted the reviews here on Trip Advisor and it paid off. They have the Hilton family of hotels (including the Hampton Inn) all grouped together and nicely isolated (but not too far away) from busy commercial area where there's lots of shopping, restaurants, etc.. Wegmans supermarket is close by (walking distance), and has a great cafe for lunch or dinner with the kids (recommend it as well). Fredericksburg is a nice place and I definitely recommend it the place to stop if travelling across Virginia.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

My friend and I and my 2 young children stayed at this Hampton Inn recently on the way from NC to PA. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast delicious. What impressed me most, however, is how the staff handled a little "problem" my friend and I had after checking in. When we arrived at our room, our card keys didn't work so my friend went back downstairs to the desk to have them fixed while I stayed in the hall with our luggage and belongings. After a few minutes, my kids became bored and I went 2 doors down the hall to drop them off at my sister's room. When I returned to the hall, a man was rolling my friend's suitcase down the hall along with her laptop! When he saw me he dropped it, but he and his two friends were staying in the room next to ours and their friends, it turned out, had two rooms across from my sister. We reported the problem to the front desk and they assured us it would be taken care of, that they have zero tolerance for such things. We changed floors immediately and went about our business. Later that night, the front desk called our room and said that a police report had been filed and that all 3 rooms of people were being removed! We watched them being escorted out the front door.
We were impressed with the professionalism of the staff at this Hampton Inn and all the Hampton Inns we stayed in over our 10 day trip. Thanks so much!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
manalapan, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Coming to Fredericksburg, Va. on a short weekend golf trip, was expecting a typical I95 roadside hotel. However, at check in the two wonderful front desk staff immediately set the tone for our stay. Incredibly friendly. The room was perfect. Anything we needed was done with a smile. Great, great experience. The people who work at NYC hotels could learn a lot over here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!