“New favorite for travel North from St Marys, GA” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Marys, GA
“New favorite for travel North from St Marys, GA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Usually go beyond D.C. but decided to stay in Fredericksburg this time, enjoy the many restaurant options and not challenge the always congested D.C. traffic. Most Trip Advisor reviews backed up my choice and now I also highly recommend. Since I booked direct with Hampton Inn online I added request for room high as possible and on rear of Hotel for maximum quiet. Guess what? They honored my choice with a room on 4th floor and rear, although now I know that front is actually quietest and since facing away from highway may be called "rear". Neither side is a problem in this newer Hampton Inn property. Our AAA discount price of $107 + tax is a bargain for a Hotel of this quality. The room was above average size and "clean as a whistle". One caution is that tubs appear to going out of style as we had a walk in shower which is always preferred by me but usually not the Missus. This time she was ok with it (thank you God). The complimentary breakfast had all the fixins but we couldn't bypass the nearby Krispy Creme which was a treat for us. Finally we left after 9am and found that we now could use the HOV lane (with only 2 people) connecting to 495 North for our fastest time ever around D.C. which is a huge plus for us. The final cherry on this hot fudge sundae was finding we had left a cell phone in our room that was retrieved by staff and is now forwarded back to our GA home (first time ever that our lost Hotel item was "found"). Hampton Inn here is #1 today and should continue to be same based on doing everything right!

Room Tip: High as possible and front of Hotel which is equivalent to rear of most Hotels. Also clarify if you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on way back from winter in Florida to CT and we were impressed from check-in to check-out. Friendly and efficient front desk had us into the room under 5-minutes. What a room! Immaculate condition with easy to follow directions on mechanical devices such as TV and coffee maker to finding the ice machine and area restaurants/facilities. Easy on and off from I-95. The breakfast selections are appropriate no matter what your dietary needs are. When we asked about restaurants on check-in the clerk asked what type of food we were interested in then suggested a restaurant after hearing our response. The suggestion was spot-on. Oh, this is a shocker .... The front desk staff all speak in full sentences without mumbling and actually make eye contact with you!!!!! The price was a bargain. You can find cheaper rooms in the area but nothing that can match the cleanliness, not to mention the above and beyond services after a long day on the road. I don't know if all Hampton Inns are run as well as this one but my wife and I wll surely find out. Great stay ... Thanks so much.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Check in was fast. Room was clean and very comfortable mattress. Even gave me a "bagged breakfast" for the road. These guys are seriously into pleasing the traveling public! Oh, was very well-rested for the long trip ahead.

Room Tip: Higher up is quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had stayed at several hotels in the area everytime I visit Fredericsburg and this is the best of them all. Very clean rooms and very friendly staff. The beds are super comfortable and the ammenities are excellent

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel. First, it's in a business area alot of shopping, restaurants etc. the area has alot of good restaurants. This hotel was VERY CLEAN compared to the ones we stopped to see about staying in overnite. The staff were extremely nice n helpful. We walked in at about 7 pm and got a room tight away. This hotel offers free breakfast in the morning from 6-10am and their checkout is at noon which I really liked. Our overall experience was great and if you need a very clean, nice place to stay this is it!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I usually stay at the HGI next door when working in Fredericksburg. The price difference prompted me to stay here again. This hotel remains an excellent choice in the area. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The check in was OK, the staff that evening not as friendly as I had remembered, but the morning Front Desk person was upbeat and on point. Convenient laundry room area is good, but dryers took 2 cycles to dry sweats completely. Breakfast was memorable as it had a huge pot of tasty oatmeal rather than those little instant packets. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Auburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The staff went out of their way at check in and check out. There was an issue with my reservation which was my fault, but they worked with me to resolve the issue. At check out the clerk offered a snow brush to clean off our car without being asked. And I got my sausage gravy with biscuits!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!