“A very dog friendly place.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A very dog friendly place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We needed a place to stay with our dog on our way back from NY to NC as the traffic was horrible and the weather was bad. On a whim I called Best Western and a room was available and they accepted dogs, with just a $10 fee. What a Godsend! The hotel was clean and comfortable and inexpensive. The staff was pleasant and the front desk clerk indicated that there was a park for us to walk our dog in behind the hotel, which was really nice. The breakfast was great and we will definitely stay at a Best Western again, especially since they welcome dogs. Thank you! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
47084, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We are so glad you and your dog were able to find us!, but sorry about that horrible traffic on I-95!. Thank you for your review also , we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My stay began with an interrogation by the manager. I had booked a room for two people, but he questioned why I would want two room keys. The older room was pretty clean except for a couple of foul smelling pillows. I booked this place for the breakfast and it was quite good--filling and tasty. The check-in area and breakfast bar had been remodeled, unlike the rest of the facility. Once I told people where I was staying, I found out that this motel did not have a good reputation among the locals.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
47084, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
I wonder if you have the correct hotel, as this is absolutely untrue. We are a family owned hotel and have so for over 30 years, and our reputation is very positive in our community. We don't question our quests in the number of room keys they request, we simply ask them how many they would like.
I hope that should you stay here, you will ask to see me so I may ensure your stay is a good one.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place to stay on our way home from Florida and found this gem on TripAdvisor. It's clean, comfortable and inexpensive. The breakfast is incredible, from Danish to eggs and bacon. The staff was pleasant and helpful despite our late night arrival. Although it's right off the highway we were not troubled by any noise.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Please stop in again! Thank you for taking the time to give a review, we are always trying to improve, so come again and see what's new!
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my first visit to this Best Western and I am pretty sure I will be back. Despite being an older style hotel (all rooms open to the outside), the building and grounds were well maintained and the front desk staff were friendly. They are pet friendly and had no issue finding a room for me and my black lab. There is a $10 pet fee in addition to the room cost, but I didn't find this to be unreasonable. There is also an open park type area at the rear of the property that is perfect for walking your pup. The continental breakfast was nice, and there are several other restaurants within a block or two.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
47084, Manager at BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
So glad you stayed with us, please come again, maybe on your next visit we can recommend some sites to see, or things to do in the area, or simply just come and visit us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This Best Western located behind Shoney's (there is another Best Western on the same road in Fredericksburg) is really, really nice. Clean, updated, friendly, rocking chairs on the porch and you couldn't ask for a better breakfast bar. Bacon, eggs (scrambled & hard-boiled), sausage & biscuits, waffles, cereal, toast, bagels, yogart, fruit - I'm sure I am missing something! And the attendant is constantly out re-supplying with fresh and keeping everything spiffy. When everything is perfect, she walks around to make sure all the customers are happy. We keep going back to this Best Western every year when we are there for the holidays. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
thank you for posting your review , We would LOVE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We spent one night here and were very happy with the cleanliness and appointments in the room.
The motel does get a little murmuring traffic noise as it overlooks a major road, bit this was remedied by turning on the fan in the room. The motel is 10 mins drive from the Amtrak station and a plethora of restaurants are within easy walking distance.

Only disappointments were the breakfast, which contrary to what some people have said was more 'extended continental' than a full hot breakfast service (there was two hot options and a spread of cereal and baked items), and that the reception area wasn't staffed by dogs (though the human staff in attendance did an excellent job). We'd stay again if ever we returned to Fredericksburg.

• Stayed November 2012
47084, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
thanks for giving us a try, I'm sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast offerings, and we'll keep working to improve on it!.

Been to BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!