“Exceeded expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Central Plaza Hotel

You added Central Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Central Plaza Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Exceeded expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I stopped for one night while traveling to Florida. Based upon all of the reviews we read I was not expecting much. We were very surprised however with our stay. We checked in late and the front desk person was helpful, quick and informed us of the morning breakfast available. Our room, while not new, was clean and neat. The flat screen TV had many channels, and the bed and pillows were just right. The big surprise was the breakfast. It is served in the small hotel lobby and seating is very limited. However, the food selection was terrific for a free hotel breakfast. There was a person there keeping everything fresh and full. The breakfast included eggs, bacon, sausage sliders, cereal, yogurt, donuts, breads, juice, fresh fruit, and more. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
47084, Owner at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thanks for your business, we are very happy you had a great experience and a good breakfast while here. Please come by again , and if we can improve in any way, please let us know!.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brooksville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Enroute from Florida to New York State this was a fine hotel for an overnight. This is an older hotel but has been updated and we found it comfortable. The "lobby" seemed to serve as the breakfast area with only a couple of small tables....definitely not sufficient for the number of rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
47084, Owner at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank You for your review, and for your business. We do have a very small lobby, but we do try to offer a larger variety of items that arent typically found at a continental breakfast. We also keep our prices at a point to offer the greatest value. We hope you will stop in again soon!.
Saint Agatha, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Driving from New Hampshire to South Florida this was my first overnight stop. Very quiet, restful hotel. I had no time to peruse the property as I arrived late and departed early.
The check in/check out front desk personnel were friendly and efficient, the room met my expectations and no problems were encountered.
I would stay at this Best Western again.

Room Tip: The back building is the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
richmond virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is a hidden jewel!, the staff were the most friendly I have encountered in a long time. The hotel is great value, I didn't expect too much based on price, but I couldn't have been happier! . There is a beautiful mall and Townes center right behind the hotel but I didn't hear any noise . It's was so quiet. There is also a shopping Mecca across the street with what seems like 100 stores and restaurants. My room was spotless! I think I could still smell the bleach cleaner ( made me happy ) I saw the housekeeper using some kind of " black light thing" , when I asked what it was she said it was a sterilizing wand!! Wish I had for my home!!! . I will be back for sure if I'm ever in the area again. Keep up the good work.... You can tell everyone there really cares about their place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
47084, Owner at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for trusting us for your hotel needs, and for your review. We truly appreciate your bussiness!. We do infact use a bleach based cleaner and the sanitizing wands for such things as the telephone, remote, toilet handle, and most touched items. We hope you will return as you are very important to our family bussiness!
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently attended the civil war commemoration of the Battle of Chancellorsville and stayed at this hotel for three nights in the beginning of May 2013. It is located off of I-95 but far enough back that the highway noise is not a bother. The motel consists of a separate lobby building and two buildings with rooms. It was clean, quiet, and reasonably priced. It had a small fridge and microwave in the room and was conveniently located across from Central Park where there is a variety of top name shopping and dining venues. The hotel desk was very friendly and helpful. The lobby breakfast included the usual cereal and donuts but also scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes. Because the lobby is small, they also provided trays so you could take your breakfast back to your room for convenience. I will be returning to the area for future battle commemorations and plan to stay here again. I highly recommend it to travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
47084, Owner at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were visiting the many civil war sites, we hope you enjoyed the reenactment! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return!. Please let us know if we can improve in anyway on your next stay.
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed there on April 28, 2013 for the night. Honestly, at first sight, I was nervous. It looks a little seedy, but once we opened the door, I was EXTREMELY happy! Lots of space, flat screen tv, comfortable bed with lots of fluffy pillows and there was more than enough room to perfectly fit my daughter's pack and play. The hotel is Incredibly convenient to a plethora of shopping and places to eat, including a large grocery store! The fridge in the room is big and the room itself was very clean! There is also a coin operated washer and driver on the first floor. The breakfast in the morning was small, but delicious and hit the spot. We will definitely be back again in the future!!! Highly recommend staying here!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
47084, Manager at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are so pleased you found us!, we hope you will return, and get a chance to look around Fredericksburg and all of its history! Thank You for your review on TRIP ADVISOR, and for being our guest!.
Steve Treon
Windsor, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Room is small but clean and comfortable. Offers microwave, fridge and nice TV. Free Wi-Fi. Close to many restaurants and gas stations. Huge shopping center across the street and another behind you can walk to. Close to Interstate 95 but off the highway. Free breakfast includes hot selections but only a couple of tables. Very friendly staff and fast check in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
47084, Manager at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank You for staying with us, we are very gratefull for your business, we hope you will get the chance to stay again, and if we can assist in anyway, please let us know. We also would like to thank You for your review here.

Been to Central Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!