“One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Central Plaza Hotel

You added Central Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Central Plaza Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Agatha, Maine
“One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Driving from New Hampshire to South Florida this was my first overnight stop. Very quiet, restful hotel. I had no time to peruse the property as I arrived late and departed early.
The check in/check out front desk personnel were friendly and efficient, the room met my expectations and no problems were encountered.
I would stay at this Best Western again.

Room Tip: The back building is the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
richmond virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is a hidden jewel!, the staff were the most friendly I have encountered in a long time. The hotel is great value, I didn't expect too much based on price, but I couldn't have been happier! . There is a beautiful mall and Townes center right behind the hotel but I didn't hear any noise . It's was so quiet. There is also a shopping Mecca across the street with what seems like 100 stores and restaurants. My room was spotless! I think I could still smell the bleach cleaner ( made me happy ) I saw the housekeeper using some kind of " black light thing" , when I asked what it was she said it was a sterilizing wand!! Wish I had for my home!!! . I will be back for sure if I'm ever in the area again. Keep up the good work.... You can tell everyone there really cares about their place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
47084, Owner at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for trusting us for your hotel needs, and for your review. We truly appreciate your bussiness!. We do infact use a bleach based cleaner and the sanitizing wands for such things as the telephone, remote, toilet handle, and most touched items. We hope you will return as you are very important to our family bussiness!
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently attended the civil war commemoration of the Battle of Chancellorsville and stayed at this hotel for three nights in the beginning of May 2013. It is located off of I-95 but far enough back that the highway noise is not a bother. The motel consists of a separate lobby building and two buildings with rooms. It was clean, quiet, and reasonably priced. It had a small fridge and microwave in the room and was conveniently located across from Central Park where there is a variety of top name shopping and dining venues. The hotel desk was very friendly and helpful. The lobby breakfast included the usual cereal and donuts but also scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes. Because the lobby is small, they also provided trays so you could take your breakfast back to your room for convenience. I will be returning to the area for future battle commemorations and plan to stay here again. I highly recommend it to travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
47084, Owner at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were visiting the many civil war sites, we hope you enjoyed the reenactment! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return!. Please let us know if we can improve in anyway on your next stay.
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed there on April 28, 2013 for the night. Honestly, at first sight, I was nervous. It looks a little seedy, but once we opened the door, I was EXTREMELY happy! Lots of space, flat screen tv, comfortable bed with lots of fluffy pillows and there was more than enough room to perfectly fit my daughter's pack and play. The hotel is Incredibly convenient to a plethora of shopping and places to eat, including a large grocery store! The fridge in the room is big and the room itself was very clean! There is also a coin operated washer and driver on the first floor. The breakfast in the morning was small, but delicious and hit the spot. We will definitely be back again in the future!!! Highly recommend staying here!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
47084, Manager at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are so pleased you found us!, we hope you will return, and get a chance to look around Fredericksburg and all of its history! Thank You for your review on TRIP ADVISOR, and for being our guest!.
Windsor, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Room is small but clean and comfortable. Offers microwave, fridge and nice TV. Free Wi-Fi. Close to many restaurants and gas stations. Huge shopping center across the street and another behind you can walk to. Close to Interstate 95 but off the highway. Free breakfast includes hot selections but only a couple of tables. Very friendly staff and fast check in.

47084, Manager at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank You for staying with us, we are very gratefull for your business, we hope you will get the chance to stay again, and if we can assist in anyway, please let us know. We also would like to thank You for your review here.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here April 22-25, 2013. It was my first stay, but not my last. I will be back!

The hotel is convenient to I-95, various Civil War battlefields, shopping, etc. I agree with those contributors who wrote that the property looks rundown, but looks are deceiving. It is well-maintained, clean, and safe. I requested and received a quiet room in the third building, and it was great. I also agree with those contributors who complimented the staff. They were professional, friendly, and gracious. I recall Katie and Laura, and I'm sorry I didn't get the names of the others. The breakfast was simple, but I liked it. And if you want something else, just drive across the road to any of the fast food joints.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the third building, facing away from the road.
47084, Manager at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank You for staying with us, your business is very important to us, we are glad you found us to be quiet and peaceful. Did you know that directly behind us is a newly developed" TOWNE CENTRE " with many dining choices and shops?, no need to drive anymore- you can walk!
see you soon!
Manager
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was happy with every aspect of this hotel. The front desk receptionists when I checked in, when I asked for extra toiletries in the evening, and when I stopped by in the morning were all very friendly and helpful. The location is close to I-95, but it is quiet, and the building in the back is especially nice as it's next to a grove of trees. The room was small but clean and attractive. The breakfast area is in the lobby, but there food offerings were plentiful, and they provide trays so you can take your food back to your room or sit at one of the picnic table outside. I would stay here again. I definitely recommend this hotel. Although I was alone on this trip, I would definitely recommend it for families as well.

Room Tip: Ask for the building in the back.
47084, Manager at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We were glad to have you stay with us, and all of us really do care about our guests, and we try our best to be the friendliest, most helpful people in the business!, please come see us again!
Manager

Been to Central Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!