“one room ok, the other was terrible” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #17 of 43 hotels in Fredericksburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“one room ok, the other was terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our Family needed 2 rooms with 2 queen beds. The one I was in was comfortable, roomy, and clean. The second room was clean, roomy, but the beds were terrible. We sat on one and it dipped in the middle and you could feel the springs. The other one was a bit better but as you layed down you felt the springs, very uncomfortable. I reported the issue to the manager and we didn't get any I am sorry.... but more am what! those are new beds. Doubt we will stop again.

Room Tip: First building second floor facing the road was the good room, first building down around back groun...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

47084, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN Central Plaza, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Let me first say I truly am sorry that you didnt have a good stay in that particular room and that the staff didnt apologize to you. We try very hard to improve in any way we can, and we certainly can improve a bed! Thank you for letting us know that it needs attention. It will be replaced right away. I hope that you might give us another chance should you be in our area again. Your feedback IS very IMPORTANT to us! its how we get better.

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've stayed here a couple of times as it is right in the middle of our journey from NYC to Charlotte NC. We can bring our dog the room is always clean and neat. This hotel is very quiet and relaxing. There are shops and restaurants just across the street! The staff is always helpful and knowledgeable. I highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
47084, Manager at BEST WESTERN Central Plaza, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank You! for being a repeat customer, we appreciate your kind comments, and your business. I would also like to inform you that just behind our hotel ( you can just walk through our back parking lot ) is the newly constructed Spotsylvania Towne Centre mall and movie/bowling center with many new restaurants, and shops. If you are back around christmas time they also have an award winning outdoor light show!.
bayshore ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Good clean place fair price. We stopped for a quick layover on our way down south. was great for the money clean, we had to stay it a amoking room and it was not so bad. Plenty of rooms which was great as we did not have a reservation and we stopped at 1am. We were promply checked in. They have plenty of ice machines, vending machines and laundry room

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pikesville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

First of all let me start by saying that I should know that the pictures on the website never match the room. But for the price I was paying I should have gotten the flat screen TV that was on the website. When i asked the staff about the tv they told me there were only 4 room with flat screens. Next check out is at noon, maid came to my room 3 times before noon. I was so upset that I just started scream at them CHECK OUT IS AT NOON!!!!!! The second night the internet went out and of course no one really cared. There was no pool which I knew when I booked but i figure I take the flat screen over the pool and the kids didnt seem to care. Until there was no flat screen. We were on the 3rd floor and there was no elevator. The room was clean and there were no bed bugs. And the motel was located on Towne Center parking lot so the kids could walk over to the mall. But the best part was leaving!

Room Tip: I wont be back
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
47084, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Central Plaza, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank You for your comments although not exactly complimentary, we are in the process of updating all guestrooms with flat panel televisions, I am sorry we haven't been able to complete the upgrade at the time of your stay, We are always trying to improve our hotel as it is vital to our and our staff's livelyhood. I sincerely apologize that we "dropped the ball" with your stay.
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Everything could have been much apart from that the hotel allows pets, has three dogs of 5:45 the customer just down my room went out and leave her three dogs barking during the 1:30 time. Miserable! Overall clean, but nothing more. Fast and courteous service.

Everything could have been much better ! I love animal, but I hate people who have not learned good manners and have no respect for the others. Apart from that the hotel allows pets, and the three dogs of the man down of my room were barking at 5:30 to 8:00 in the morning, Miserable! Overall , place was clean, but nothing more. Fast and courteous service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
47084, Manager at BEST WESTERN Central Plaza, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I am so sorry about the noise from the dogs that you experienced during your stay, even with our best efforts it is nearly impossible to control or eliminate such things, we are more than happy to contact pet owners when they are disturbing other guests, had we known during your stay , we surly would have attempted to correct it for you. I hope you wont let this discourage you from staying with us or any other pet friendly hotel in the future.
Again, i am truly sorry
Staten Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here overnight in Feb. 2012 and again in July 2012 while traveling through VA. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, beds were comfortable and check in was fairly smooth.The clerk was very nice, despite it being almost midnight! The location is near enough to the highway so as not to add more driving time to your trip. As other reviewers have mentioned, the free breakfast is nothing outrageous. Just enough choices of cereals, yogurts, fruits, bagels, etc. were offered to feed a family of 5 before getting back on the road to our final destination. The value can't be beat for a quick stay, especially when you consider that you can pay much more to stay at similar hotels nearby. We'll be back again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at BEST WESTERN Central Plaza, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments, as a family owned business, we sincerely appreciate you staying with us. Please come by again.
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The room we had was good. We had comfortable beds, plenty of space for two adults to spread out, and the place was clean. The breakfast was not fabulous, but they had bacon, eggs, sausage biscuits, and a good selection of pastries and cereals.

However, the service here was spotty. While the front desk people were generally helpful, the staff fell down miserably on housekeeping. When we checked in at 4:30, only one of the two beds in our room was made. It took 20 minutes to get someone in to fix the problem. The second night, we returned to the room around 4:00 to find both the beds stripped bare (even though we had not asked for the beds to be changed). We called the front desk, waited 30 minutes, and then went to supper hoping the problem would be fixed by the time we returned. Fortunately it had been. The third night, we returned after a miserably hot day outside ready to get showers and refresh, only to find that we had one towel in the room. We were given some excuse about the linen service, but that was the final straw.

If this hotel can improve its service, it would be a good value. But as it is, I will not return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Central Plaza? Share your experiences!