“Don't believe the pictures” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Pikesville, Maryland
“Don't believe the pictures”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

First of all let me start by saying that I should know that the pictures on the website never match the room. But for the price I was paying I should have gotten the flat screen TV that was on the website. When i asked the staff about the tv they told me there were only 4 room with flat screens. Next check out is at noon, maid came to my room 3 times before noon. I was so upset that I just started scream at them CHECK OUT IS AT NOON!!!!!! The second night the internet went out and of course no one really cared. There was no pool which I knew when I booked but i figure I take the flat screen over the pool and the kids didnt seem to care. Until there was no flat screen. We were on the 3rd floor and there was no elevator. The room was clean and there were no bed bugs. And the motel was located on Towne Center parking lot so the kids could walk over to the mall. But the best part was leaving!

Room Tip: I wont be back
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
47084, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Central Plaza, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank You for your comments although not exactly complimentary, we are in the process of updating all guestrooms with flat panel televisions, I am sorry we haven't been able to complete the upgrade at the time of your stay, We are always trying to improve our hotel as it is vital to our and our staff's livelyhood. I sincerely apologize that we "dropped the ball" with your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Everything could have been much apart from that the hotel allows pets, has three dogs of 5:45 the customer just down my room went out and leave her three dogs barking during the 1:30 time. Miserable! Overall clean, but nothing more. Fast and courteous service.

Everything could have been much better ! I love animal, but I hate people who have not learned good manners and have no respect for the others. Apart from that the hotel allows pets, and the three dogs of the man down of my room were barking at 5:30 to 8:00 in the morning, Miserable! Overall , place was clean, but nothing more. Fast and courteous service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
47084, Manager at BEST WESTERN Central Plaza, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I am so sorry about the noise from the dogs that you experienced during your stay, even with our best efforts it is nearly impossible to control or eliminate such things, we are more than happy to contact pet owners when they are disturbing other guests, had we known during your stay , we surly would have attempted to correct it for you. I hope you wont let this discourage you from staying with us or any other pet friendly hotel in the future.
Again, i am truly sorry
Staten Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here overnight in Feb. 2012 and again in July 2012 while traveling through VA. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, beds were comfortable and check in was fairly smooth.The clerk was very nice, despite it being almost midnight! The location is near enough to the highway so as not to add more driving time to your trip. As other reviewers have mentioned, the free breakfast is nothing outrageous. Just enough choices of cereals, yogurts, fruits, bagels, etc. were offered to feed a family of 5 before getting back on the road to our final destination. The value can't be beat for a quick stay, especially when you consider that you can pay much more to stay at similar hotels nearby. We'll be back again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at BEST WESTERN Central Plaza, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments, as a family owned business, we sincerely appreciate you staying with us. Please come by again.
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The room we had was good. We had comfortable beds, plenty of space for two adults to spread out, and the place was clean. The breakfast was not fabulous, but they had bacon, eggs, sausage biscuits, and a good selection of pastries and cereals.

However, the service here was spotty. While the front desk people were generally helpful, the staff fell down miserably on housekeeping. When we checked in at 4:30, only one of the two beds in our room was made. It took 20 minutes to get someone in to fix the problem. The second night, we returned to the room around 4:00 to find both the beds stripped bare (even though we had not asked for the beds to be changed). We called the front desk, waited 30 minutes, and then went to supper hoping the problem would be fixed by the time we returned. Fortunately it had been. The third night, we returned after a miserably hot day outside ready to get showers and refresh, only to find that we had one towel in the room. We were given some excuse about the linen service, but that was the final straw.

If this hotel can improve its service, it would be a good value. But as it is, I will not return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This property is like so many other chain hotels just off the interstate highway system. What does one look for..clean rooms, modern amenities, good check in and out service, a decent free breakfast, close to a variety of quality restaurants and to the interstate. This Best Western has all of these and is less expensive than virtually all of its neighbors!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Pocono Mountains, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have 20 years working in the Hotel Operation's side of a major AC Casino in a management position. Princess Caroline and her family have stayed in our hotel/casino and were pleased. I know what we're all looking for here BUT for the money, for a night or two, I found this property to be better than most. While it wasn't spotless it was comfortably clean and served it's purpose without grossing me out. The beds were comfortable, which is key when you have another day of road travel ahead of you, The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The property is in a safe location. I did not have the breakfast so can not comment. Overall, the stay was satisfactory. I would stay here again when traveling through. Very cute town...stuffed with history...nice area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Amherst, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I read the reviews here and booked because of them and it was a mistake.

The place was very run down. The towels looked gross, one towel and one washcloth was discolored, the rest were white. I used my beach towels instead.The lights from the outside shone through the sides and top of the door. The room didn't look clean--the sheets were so wrinkled I worried they hadn't been changed since the last customer. They looked slept in. To be fair, the grout in the bath was very clean or recently redone, but you could barely turn around in the bathroom it was so tiny.

I booked a non-smoking room and huge gusts of smoke kept coming into our room from somewhere unknown. The room reeked of smoke. I called the front desk, but they had no other non smoking rooms available. I didn't want to move anyway, because we were tired and my five year old was already asleep.

I didn't realize best western was like a motel 6 or I wouldn't have booked it--my mistake. I saw good reviews for it. For only 20 dollars more I could have stayed at the hyatt crystal city again, but I wanted to get a little further south. The breakfast "room" was awful. They should just do away with claiming they offer breakfast and offer complimentary doughnuts on checkout or something because they have three TINY tables smooshed opposite the front desk and that's unlikely to make anyone happy with the included breakfast. There were 12 people crammed in something like an 8x8 space trying to get food. We skipped it. I can stay at a cheap place, but it needs to be clean and updated or new. This was neither and nor was it particularly cheap. Not a place to stay on a family trip--more a no-tell motel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Central Plaza? Share your experiences!