“Great Value gets 4 Stars” 4 of 5 stars

Central Plaza Hotel
3000 Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Value gets 4 Stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This property is like so many other chain hotels just off the interstate highway system. What does one look for..clean rooms, modern amenities, good check in and out service, a decent free breakfast, close to a variety of quality restaurants and to the interstate. This Best Western has all of these and is less expensive than virtually all of its neighbors!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pocono Mountains, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have 20 years working in the Hotel Operation's side of a major AC Casino in a management position. Princess Caroline and her family have stayed in our hotel/casino and were pleased. I know what we're all looking for here BUT for the money, for a night or two, I found this property to be better than most. While it wasn't spotless it was comfortably clean and served it's purpose without grossing me out. The beds were comfortable, which is key when you have another day of road travel ahead of you, The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The property is in a safe location. I did not have the breakfast so can not comment. Overall, the stay was satisfactory. I would stay here again when traveling through. Very cute town...stuffed with history...nice area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Amherst, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I read the reviews here and booked because of them and it was a mistake.

The place was very run down. The towels looked gross, one towel and one washcloth was discolored, the rest were white. I used my beach towels instead.The lights from the outside shone through the sides and top of the door. The room didn't look clean--the sheets were so wrinkled I worried they hadn't been changed since the last customer. They looked slept in. To be fair, the grout in the bath was very clean or recently redone, but you could barely turn around in the bathroom it was so tiny.

I booked a non-smoking room and huge gusts of smoke kept coming into our room from somewhere unknown. The room reeked of smoke. I called the front desk, but they had no other non smoking rooms available. I didn't want to move anyway, because we were tired and my five year old was already asleep.

I didn't realize best western was like a motel 6 or I wouldn't have booked it--my mistake. I saw good reviews for it. For only 20 dollars more I could have stayed at the hyatt crystal city again, but I wanted to get a little further south. The breakfast "room" was awful. They should just do away with claiming they offer breakfast and offer complimentary doughnuts on checkout or something because they have three TINY tables smooshed opposite the front desk and that's unlikely to make anyone happy with the included breakfast. There were 12 people crammed in something like an 8x8 space trying to get food. We skipped it. I can stay at a cheap place, but it needs to be clean and updated or new. This was neither and nor was it particularly cheap. Not a place to stay on a family trip--more a no-tell motel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I dont know if I would stay here for a week but the room was clean and efficient. The staff was friendly and they had a decent breakfast for such a small property. My room was very quiet even though it is very convenient to I-95 and a main artery in Fredericksburg. The rate was very reasonable. It is a Motel and not a Hotel and there is not an elevator so you may want to ask for the ground floor if you have trouble with steps.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Livonia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed overnight at this location on our way from NY to Myrtle Beach. The location was perfect - right off 95. Check-in was quick and the staff was friendly. The rooms were adequate and clean. Beds were comfy - we slept great! Breakfast was small - but just enough to get us on the road again (donuts, eggs, bacon - even grabbed a few fresh apples for in the car). If traveling through again I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I did not notice any elevators, which was fine for us, but upper floor may not be accessible to all.
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Rooms are super clean, location is convenient to I-95 and safe, lots of stores, restaurants, fast food, and anything else you could need. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hot water and excellent water pressure. Beds are a little soft for me, but fine for one night. Highly recommend this place to stay if you want a clean, accomodating, safe place to stay!!

47084, Manager at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, your business is very important to our family owned hotel. your comments will help us get better!. so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Acton, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stopped here without a reservation on the way from New England to Myrtle Beach. Were given a first floor room (best for our old dog). Very friendly staff. Room was very clean - the sheets were the high thread count type that are so comfy. The hot breakfast was great! - bacon, eggs, sausage biscuits, etc. - a big money saver when on a road trip. We were 100% pleased and stopped there too on the way back home. High marks for Best Western, I'm a convert and hope they're all like this! Highly recommend.

47084, Manager at Central Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us!, and PLEASE come stay again!

Been to Central Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!