You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5327 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, VA 22408   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Northern CA
“Nice stay in VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here for three nights. The room had two queen beds and a microwave and mini-fridge. The hotel is right off I-95 and near a variety of restaurants. The hotel was clean although we had a had time getting the bathroom door to close completely. 24 hour coffee in the lobby, and breakfast was hot with a good selection of items. We also enjoyed the pool and the hot tub, and towels are available in the pool area. The only complaint is that the wifi was incredibly slow, even with a mostly empty hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear CAmom; Thank you for your review and feedback for the hotel. I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectations and you had a pleasant experience.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will take a closer look at the bathroom door and make the necessary repairs or replacements as quickly as we can.

We hope to welcome you back for a future visit.

Country Inn & Suites, Fredericksburg South

butler, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I made my reservation online and did not catch that the system had reverted to default settings, therefore booking my room for the following night, NOT the following weekend as I had planned. Just by chance, the night before we were supposed to arrive, I checked my reservation information and discovered the mistake. Right away I contacted the hotel directly and found they had charged my credit card, rightly so. I pled my case to the gentleman on the desk, who subsequently pled my case to his manager, who ok'ed him to reschedule my reservation for the correct night! AND, they would remove the missed night charge, upon us showing up for the correct night! AND, they actually DID!! We arrived at the hotel very late, about 11:30 pm, and we had the family dog with us, which was the reason for choosing this hotel in the first place. Both the men on the desk, one of whom was Roper, who I had spoken with the night before, were very friendly and courteous, even that late, and even to the dog! I especially liked the strategic placement around the property of "poo bag" dispensers and receptacles, always appreciated by responsible dog owners, and always encouraging to be a responsible owner. Room was clean and comfortable, bed was comfortable. The next morning, I saw several guests check out with their dogs, but I have to say, I did not hear a single dog bark the entire night(other than my own, who was a little nervous in a new place). As a former retail worker and having exceeding public contact in my current job, I place a lot of emphasis on the kind of customer service I receive, and these folks aced it!!

• 5 of 5 stars
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Ed; Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review! We are very pleased to hear that we handled the issue quickly and not only to your satisfaction, but above your expectations. As a pet friendly hotel, the best compliment we can receive is knowing that your stay was quiet, comfortable and had all the amenities you and your pet needed for a great stay.

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay and will return again.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a convention in town as well as used thier banquet facilities. We were a rowdy bunch and they bent over backwards to help us out. The rooms were great, clean and spacious. Some of our group did get the rooms with walk in showers and didn't care for them. I had a regular bathroom with plenty of water pressure as well as hot water. I would definitely stay again and will look for country inn and suites on my travels!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest; Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the guest room, hotel banquet facilities and found the hotel to have everything you needed for a great stay. We understand We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Indian Head, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Checked in and was given room 412. Got off the elevator and there are signs listed which way the rooms go. Interesting enough, room 412 was not listed on either sign. So, first going left and then going right, I managed to find my room. I brought it to the attention of the front desk and they agreed. The hotel staff was friendly and there was plenty of FREE coffee. The breakfast was ok. Fruits, hard boiled eggs, waffles [which you cook yourself], and pastries. I was surprised by the size of the room which had a kitchen with a refrigerator and another room to sit and watch tv. All in all it wasn't a bad hotel.

• 4 of 5 stars
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear James; Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide valuable feedback for us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the guest room to be spacious and comfortable and the breakfast to have good variety for you.

We do apologize for the confusion with the room number signs, we'll look into that further and see about getting that corrected.

Thank you again for being our guest, we look forward to seeing you again.

Country Inn & Suites
Fredericksburg, VA South
Greenfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Friendly helpful staff very clean & spacious room Tastefully decorated Good breakfast Only negative was road construction which was out of hotel's control AC unit a little noisy overall a comfortable rest stop

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear Marianna; Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, enjoyed the spacious guest accommodations as well as the breakfast.

Thank you again for selecting the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg, South as your place to stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Country Inn & Suites
Fredericksburg, VA South
South Orange, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while in town. Clean and pet friendly. However they gave us handicap rooms with no tub. We did not ask for this. Alarm clock in my room jumped an hour ahead each night even though I reset it. Did not make me happy waking up and finding out after getting ready that I was an hour early. My shower would not give me hot water, my sisters room across the hall bathroom flooded due to clogged drain in handicap shower. Came home late on Saturday after a family gathering to find my room key no longer worked. They did move my sister to a new room, able to get me hot water after I washed my hair in the small sink. I rated this place average due to pets friendliness and they did quickly fix our issues. It still did make what should have been a relaxing weekend much more stressful than necessary. May stay here again if I travel with my dog if no dog will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you don't want a room with no tub make sure you tell them no handicap room.
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Lisa; I'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and let you know I appreciate your feedback.

I do regret to hearing about your disappointment in the room you received and can appreciate receiving a handicap accessbile room is a bit odd if you did not request it. We do our best to accommodate all requests and found ourselves to be in a sell out situation during your time with us and we were not able change room types right away. I am also sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay due to the emergency maintenance situation. We thank you for your patience and compliments as we worked quickly to make all the repairs.

Prior to your next stay, we welcome you to contact us so we may discuss your accommodations in detail. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our family reunion started off great at this hotel. Towards the end of our 4 day stay. 2 of the room had LIVE BED BUGS Crawling on the bed and the head board.
Upon checking in we informed the assistant manger we were going to pay for the room in cash upon checking out. He said was fine but we still had to put up a charge card. Nothing will be done until we checked out. Upon checking out he informed us that he checked us out already and put 4 rooms on my charge card. When we told him that is not what he said when we checked in. I di not want all that on my charge card. Very indignant he said to me I can cancel it but you will still have a hold on your account of $1300 for 14 days. I was furious. Then tells me that if you had a business I would know that's the way all hotels do it. I didn't not even tell him I was a travel agent I let him continue to think he was being smart. I immediately called the bank and told them how this hotel assistant manager charged 3 extra rooms to my charge. They told me to have the manager send them and fax a letter stating that they charge my account in error the 3 extra rooms with the prices that should be removed. I told him and he did fax them the letter. My bank representative immediately corrected the error. Your manager didn't even offer some type of gesture for his error. Maybe taking $20 off my bill a free night, Nothing. He lied and told us he had just checked us out Tuesday morning so we wouldn't have to wait but yet the bank stated he did that transaction on Saturday May 24 when we checked in. The second complaint was the bed bugs that was found in 2 of my daughters and granddaughters room. We but the bed bugs in tissues and took them down stairs to the front desk. It is not the cleanest hotel and I would not recommend this particular hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: This is a animal friendly hotel. You can hear dogs barking during the day and night. The one Bedro...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Sharon; Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We would like to express our gratitude to you and your family for selecting our hotel to host your family reunion.

We understand you have since spoke directly with the hotel General Manager and he has personally expressed his apologies for the issued you faced as our guest and discussed the situation in depth with you.

We hope that you feel he has settled this manner appropriately and please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Country Inn & Suites, Fredericksburg VA South