“Very pleased with this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5327 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, VA 22408   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 25%
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Toronto, Canada
“Very pleased with this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

After a long drive, we were looking for a clean, affordable hotel. We had checked another chain across the road and were assured that although the price was very good, the hotel was very clean. Upon entering the room we found a very large, live bug under the table. We opted not to stay and checked out Country Inns and Suites. Very pleased. Jason (?) was very helpful and let us see the room before registering. It was clean, spacious, comfortable and very quiet. The whole hotel is not smoking!!! We appreciated this. Several options available for breakfast lwhich was included in the rate. Even a goody bag to take water or fresh cookies etc for the road. If this hotel is a reflection on other Country Inns and Suites we will definitely use them again.
Hotel was slightly off the main highway but not a problem. Worth the drive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guests; From all of us at the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South thank you very much for the wonderful review! We take great pride in our hotel and cleanliness, guest comfort and value are very important to us and a goal we strive to achieve everyday. We are so pleased to see a 5 star review as that reaffirms that we met and exceeded that goal. We will share your review with the team and thank you again for the business. Please come back and see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cape Fear, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Very large hotel same appeal of all the Country Inn Suites. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.The room was neat and clean. The location was not great. It has a Denny's in house. Although the staff and the room were great, I probably would not stay here again due to the fact there s not many restaurant within walking distance.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest; Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg VA South. All feedback is welcome as it helps us know what we are doing well and if there is room for improvement. I appreciate the compliments for the staff and hotel accommodations. I will pass that along and share your feedback with the team. I would like to say that while we were a great fit for you in terms of the hotel and team, it is disappointing to see that you would not return due to no restaurants within walking distance. I understand that you were looking for more variety than what we could immediately offer. We appreciate your business and thank you again for the review.
California Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Traveling with small kids and a sm / med size dog, we were looking for a place to rest for one night. Convenient location, easy on/off highway. We were extremely happy with our stay. The staff is super friendly and the rooms are clean, and very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our first trip to this location. Tons of stores and restaurants a short drive up the street.
Everything from the front desk clerks to our 2nd room was great. The only thing that made us sad were the ants in our first room. We were given a new room in no time. The rooms were clean and roomy. The bathroom had a roll in shower and grab bars.
The breakfast was plentiful and tasty. There is a Denny's next door. And a Golden Corral across the street. My husband was very happy.
The pool and hot tub both had lifts so I was able to get in-yeah!
Thank you to Johnathan, Laura, Justin and Breona for making our spring break truly fantastic!

Room Tip: Great accessible rooms and pools
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been staying here for 4 days a week since 2005, I have several hotels to choose from and always stay here. The staff bends over backwards to make my time away from home as pleasurable as possible, from the manager to the maids. Their always friendly and professional. My check in , breakfast, house cleaning, pool, and exercise room is always in order. Any special needs or requests are met with a smile. I have no need to single out any certain employees, their all terrific. I should mention the beds are really nice too. I don't think a guest could ask for anything more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by Johnathan at the front desk who was very cordial to us, our room was clean, the bathroom though had seen better days. Beds were comfortable. Pool was a nice size. Breakfast was good with plenty of selection. 24 hour Denny's attached to hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Bishopville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for approx 6 years now. I stay there an average of 10 stays per month. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean, I have never opened a door to a unclean room.
The rooms on the backside are the quietest away from Hwy 1 traffic but facing I 95 but you never can hear the interstate unless you have the window open.
The climate controls in the rooms are not really great but I like it cold when I sleep so I just turn it off unless is turned off hotel wide like in the spring and fall when you really don't need it.
The General Manager, Mr Randall is a good person to find out good places to eat. He is very friendly and will take the time to talk to you and find how your stay is/was and will listen to any suggeations that you have.
I plan to keep coming here and as a matter of fact I have reservations throughthe end of the year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA

Address: 5327 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Location: United States > Virginia > Fredericksburg
#6 Business Hotel in Fredericksburg
#10 Family Hotel in Fredericksburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA 2.5*
Our Staff at Country Inn & Suites hotel in Fredericksburg, VA takes great pride in offering guest rooms and suites that ensure every guest feels right at home. Rooms include complimentary high speed wireless Internet access, cable TV, refrigerator and microwave, just to name a few. We are pleased to offer a complimentary continental Breakfast each morning. Don't forget to relax in our pool. We also have meeting space available for up to 100 people. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Carlson, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inns And Suites Fredericksburg South
Country Inns & Suites Fredericksburg South Hotel Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg Country Inn

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.