“An Oasis on I-95” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Montreal, Canada
“An Oasis on I-95”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I arrived at the Comfort Suites after a grueling day of travel and was greeted in the lobby by a warm wonderful scent of cinnamon apples and the smiling face of the young man at the front desk (I wish I would have gotten his name but I was too tired). I felt I received a very good rate being so close to DC, so I was happy but even happier when I got to my room. It looks like this property has had a fairly recent renovation, and the room was quite nice. I slept well and in the morning was impressed by one of the most complete breakfasts I've ever seen at a hotel in this category. The attendant of the breakfast buffet was also most pleasant and friendly. This will be my new "halfway" stop on my frequent east coast travels. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Joliet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

From the moment that I walked into the lobby until the time I checked out, the staff and housekeeping were there to greet me enthusiastically and graciously.. If I needed anything from a coke from the vending machine or directions or just time to relax, the staff was ready to serve. Julie was an especially great comfort to me when I came back from a job interview. Not only was she sympathetic to my plight, but gave me ideas about where to apply locally.
Yes, I have to say, if I stay in VA again, it will be at the Comfort Suites in Fredericksburg!
Tina

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
East Hampton, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Pulled back my sheets going to bed and found a 3inch by 4 inch blood stain on matress cover sheet. Front desk staff is useless. Each employee kept telling me that the only person that could help me discount wise was the manager because I prepaid for my room through Choice Hotels Choice Privilages. They did change my sheets but this blood stain was so obvious that you know the cleaning crew does a horrible job and probably never changes your sheets. Upon check out they took my name and phone number and said they would have the manager call me. No response for over 1 1/2 months now. Complained to Choice Hotels and said they would forward my concerns to the local hotel. Useless!! Wrote to Choice Hotels CEO Steve Joyce and Customer Services in Phoenix, AZ and no response there either. Choie Hotels doesn't care about their customers! I remained quiet long enough and now I'm telling anyone that will listen. I'll never stay at a Choice Hotel again!

Room Tip: Pick a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stay at hotels a lot! So it's always a pleasure when I stay at one that offers not only clean, well-kept facilities but also an amazing staff. Ann and her staff are awesome!!! One of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. This place ROCKS!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful. They even have rooms with an exercise bike.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Endicott, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Motel was very clean and seemed to be somewhat new. We were very impressed with our 1 night stay. The free hot breakfast was also pretty good. It was right off of I95, very convenient and easy to find. We were also able to get a first floor room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have just completed a 3 week trip using Tripadvisor to select my hotels.Most came up to the ratings shown but I must warn anyone staying at this property that they may be paying "Comfort Suite" prices for a "Comfort Inn" room.My booking confirmation advised "1 room suite".According to Comfort Suites website all their suites are "Modern spacious suites " with "a full size sofa bed"My room was not spacious and did not have a sofa bed.In fact most Comfort Inns I have stayed at provided the same size or larger rooms.When I advised reception that I had not been given a suite I was advised that I had booked a Junior suite whatever that may be.Nothing on my confirmation mentions a "Junior suite".I believe that they must have lots of complaints regarding these rooms as the response seemed rehearsed.I will also add that the property was clean comfortable with a good breakfast.Choce hotels have not responded to my questions regarding this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Surry, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Our room was attractive, clean and comfortable with a nice TV and wifi, good breakfast, and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby in the evening. Staff was helpful with information about area attractions and dining.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!