“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Staff, Just Great!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 43 hotels in Fredericksburg
Syracuse, New York
“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Staff, Just Great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this Comfort Suites on our way south. We realized we had actually stayed here before & it was fabulous this time as well! The room was very clean & comfortable. The buffet breakfast was a wide variety of wonderful, tasty choices. It is conveniently located just off I-95. We actually forgot my son's retainers in the room & we were contacted by the general manager within an hour of checkout & they were held for us over 10 days until our return north. This saved us a huge expense (& saved my son some yelling, but not the "responsibility" lecture!) We will definately be stopping here on our next trip up or down I-95. The front desk staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Boynton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel advertises itself as a Choice hotel Comfort Suites. Choice hotels say all rooms at a Comfort Suites have a sofa bed. The majority of rooms at this hotel do not! Beware when booking what is called a 'suite' by this hotel, you'll get a standard room with no couch/sofa bed.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel if you want a suite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Love this hotel! Super clean, soft linens and towels, and truly wonderful service. Will use ever chance we get! Did not eat the free baked ziti dinner this stay, but on past visit the breakfast was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Homer, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Having been disappointed at a few Choice Hotel properties (several Comfort Inns among them), I was a bit squeamish about staying seven nights at this location. Mind you, I have also stayed at some decent properties also. But the Comfort Suites in Fredericksburg was close to where we wanted to be so let’s give it a try. Beautiful place! New. Friendly staff from the desk to the maintenance man to the lady working the breakfast area. Lobby, corridors, elevators and rooms were all clean. The continental breakfast is better than average. Choices include coffee (regular, bold and decaf) 24 hours a day, orange and apples juices, milk, cereals, oatmeal (instant), yogurt, sliced breads for toast, muffins, pastries, several kinds of fruits and WAFFLES. Wireless internet access is available and there are four public computers in the lobby area. Speaking of the lobby, there is plenty of comfortable seating for the times that one just has to get out of their room but doesn’t want to go anywhere. Did you finish reading your novel on the plane, one of the desk clerks brings in books for guests to borrow. The property has a small laundry room for guests. There were only two washer/drier combos but both worked well and the room was clean and well lit. The ‘suite’ was a sleeping area and sitting area separated by a partition wall. It also had a mini fridge and microwave. The furnishings were comfortable and well kept. There were two telephones, one on the desk and the other next to the bed. The bathroom was standard, with everything working well and had a large counter. The exterior of the property was nicely landscaped and the parking area was clean and well lit. The property is across the highway from a shopping center. The anchor tenant is Target (good place for snacks and drinks) which has a Starbucks inside. One exit south of the property is a shopping development with numerous restaurants, shops, Walmart and a supermarket. There is also a mall. At the same exit is historic Fredericksburg; a great place to explore for people who like history. When our stay ended, I found myself wanting to go back.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We spent one night here in April. The hotel was packed with families and students on field trips.

The Good:
Nice rooms.
Simple, but good, breakfast in the morning.
Location - close to freeway, if you're into that.
Free internet.

The Bad:

The swimming pool is about a quarter of the size of an average hotel swimming pool, so you can only imagine how crazy it got with all those families and students. Not inviting AT ALL.

The staff. When we first checked in were told there were no more cribs. About 10 minutes later I returned to make a fuss about it and they immediately told me that would get a crib from the hotel next store. 4 hours later, at 11 pm a crib finally arrives in my room. It was just irritating.

The pillows on the beds are these little squares, very similar to the size of a throw pillow. Not comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stopped at this property en route to South Florida. I had a number of issues with the room including a not so clean bathroon, inconsistent AC and lots of dust on tables and lamps. The problem was the four of us checked in late, my kids were tired and I called the front desk they seemed disinterested and offered to move my room. It was way too late my kids were sleeping and we had a number of bags unpacked. In the morning I headed downstairs to see the manager who put me in touch with the General Manager Ann T. I told her my concerns she said the front desk went above and beyond and offered to take ten dollars off my bill. To me this is an insult not the small amount but they way it was presented. Things proceded to escalte and she was looking for a confirtation. I said who do you report too? She said nobody. I said impossible please let me know. She them took out a generic hotels business card not hers and wrote the customer service number down.

I left while she was still arguing. I then went outside and called Comfort Suites customer service. Who seeemd to not care put me on hold and called Ann. They came back to me and said she told them they checked with us throughout the night to see how we wee and in the morning. Not true at all. She changed the story and forgot to say how she yelled at me in front of my family.

Whrn I got home I received a generic letter from Choice Hotels saying sorry you were unhappy too bad.

A few months back the CEO of Chioice appeared on the show Undercover Boss. As with most CEO's on the show when they get out in the field they are always shocked by the way customers are cared for. Well I suggest he take a look at this place on his next trip.

marlboro,nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while passing through en route to Florida. Found hair in unclean bathroom, air conditioner only worked on and off through the night and the worse part were the bugs flying over my head.

When we complained in the morning the incredibly nasty manger yelled at my husband (in front of our 2 little children) that of we had a problem we should have moved. I explained my 2 young children were finally sleeping and I hated to wake them to move them. She continued yelling and we walked out.

We called choice hotel customer service who left us on hold while they contacted property. The manager lied and said they called us constantly through the night to chane rooms and will not credit us for the night.

So basically stay away from thi property and be aware chocie hotel customer service is useless.

Once the holiday weekend is over I will file complaints with the bbb and the local health department over the incects!

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!