“Homewood Helps out weary travelers” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
New York City, New York
“Homewood Helps out weary travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This Homewood Suites goes out of their way to make guests comfortable. After driving down from New York on our way to Florida, we stopped here for an overnight stay. Front desk staff were cordial and professional, our suite was immaculate and exercise room as well as business center were well run. We did not have to ask for anything that might have been missing in our room or in the common areas. This is a well run property in a lovely place accessible to all of Fredericksburg's "must dos". Kudos to the staff at this truly delightful Homewood Suites!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rockaway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel was not only spotlessly clean but the entire team from the Front Office Mgr, Andrew all the way to the Room Attendants was helpful and friendly. My family and friends were in town for a funeral and we were happy we found the Homewood. From being flexible with check-ins to helping with directions and reccomendations this hotel is truly top notch! Many thanks to the team during a difficult time in our family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The room was excellent. Very clean and very comfortable. I will definately stay here when I come to this town from now on. The front desk staff were more than polite. The free breakfast was very good and had a good selection of foods.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Beautiful place. Clean. Right behind Wegmans!!!Love the studio rooms. Staff always nice and courteous. Stay there every time we go to Fredricksburg. Always great experience. Would definately reccommend it (and have)

Room Tip: so far any room we have had has been good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hubert, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

"NICE HOTEL"
Very nice hotel, I have stayed here twice in the past couple of years and every time the experience is outstanding, worth the money. The food and accomodations are great, always have hot coffee and the evening reception is very nice, chance to meet others and enjoy a small meal. Rooms are very quiet and comfortable. Only issue I had during the stay was with the housekeeping not cleaning the bathroom or changing out the towels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very enjoyable evening at this suites hotel. Managers reception was delicious, didn't need to go out for dinner because there was enough to eat. Room was beautiful. A little difficult to find off I-95 but well worth the 2 mile drive; its in a great area with lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here May 2012. I guess my stay still bothers me enough to write this review now. My 2 complaints are big ones and ones I have never experienced before.
1) the bathroom was filthy. The bottom of the top looked gray and when I took a swipe at it with a damp cloth the cloth became black quickly. I ended having to scrub the bathroom including the floor. The staff did offer to move us and was wonderful about it but we had already settled in and it was late.
2) we received a phone call the next morning by the manager apologizing for the problem. I appreciated this gesture very much. The only thing is, we had used some of our reward points for the stay and he had told us that he would return the points to us for the inconvenience. Well, here it is January 2013 and I am still waiting. I even contacted Hilton directly about this and...nothing.

In case you are thinking I am one of those that complain all the time, this is the first time I have EVER written a bad review or complained about a hotel. I travel a lot and can put up with all kinds of little problems and annoyances but this was just BAD. I guess, the fact that the manager never followed thru and Hilton didn't either, just really irritates me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Maddis, Manager at Homewood Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. While I'm glad to see that our staff was attentive to our mistake and tried to rectify the situation, it concerns me that there was no follow through as far as taking care of your points and alleviating your concerns about our property. Cleanliness is something that we take very seriously and I will be sharing these comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure that they are always thorough and attentive in their duties. I will also be in contact to follow through with our promise to restore your points. We strive to ensure 100% Guest Satisfaction at the Homewood Suites and I am truly sorry that we seem to have dropped the ball in this situation.

Matt Addis

Been to Homewood Suites Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!