“Best crab cakes and scallops anywhere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 339 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Best crab cakes and scallops anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stop in here every time we are in Fredericksburg, and eat there exclusively. The entire staff is friendly and accommodating, the atmosphere is warm and relaxing and the food is fantastic. Everything is always cooked to perfection. The crab cakes and scallops especially are tender and buttery and delicious.

Visited February 2014

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“AWEFUL OUTING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Visited for daughter-in-laws birthday. Service started out great. My steak went back 3 times. Ordered delmonico steak med-well with stuuffed shrimp ; steak came out rare with blood pooled on plate. That turned my stomach. Sent it back and it came back again within a few minutes the same way - blood covering the plate. I sent it back and then it came back well well done, it was half the size - i sent it back. They charged me 14.99 for the two shrimp -- Most restaurants, when an order is wrong or needs to be cooked more the manager the brings the meal back. NO manager ever came by.
We werent even offered a dessert menu. With a bill of 279 - I left very disappointed. If Fredericksburg calls this fine dining.- McDonalds is 5 stars. Never again will I spend my hard earned money there.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lovingston, Virginia
“Our go to anniversary place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have been going to old town for 22 years! Even though we are 2 hours away now, we always make sure we get there for our anniversary. Stuffed mushrooms, flounder, steak... Can't go wrong!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Olde Town Steak and Seafood never disappoints!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have been eating at this restaurant since the year 2000 when we received a gift card from a neighbor, We have been going a few times a year ever since. No matter when we go or what we have it is delicious, Over the years the prices have gone up but if you want delicious seafood this is where you need to go!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Virginia
“Don't waste your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by a co-worker, so my husband and I were out shopping and decided to try it. My husband had on jeans so we weren't greeted that favorably by the hostess. The inside is cozy looking, has a couple of fireplaces but still very chilly inside. I think the kitchen door being open to the outside on a winter day might have something to do with that. My husband ordered oysters on the half shell and he said they were very good. He also ordered prime rib which he enjoyed. I on the other hand had a very different experience, I ordered a New York strip with 4 fried shrimp, I ordered my steak medium well. When it arrived at the table the outside was slightly charred but the inside was very rare. The waiter apologized and said he would take it back, I assumed that meant they would cook my another steak as most high end restaurants would do. Instead he bought the same steak back now burnt on the outside and still very red on the inside. I ate 2 bites of the steak. This is by no means an inexpensive restaurant so I expected that a manager at some point woiuld have stopped at my table after the very bad experience I had. I never saw anyone else other than the waiter, so I paid a lot for a steak that I took home and fed to my dog. I would think that if you are a steak house you should know how to cook a steak correctly.

• Visited December 2013