“Best Place For Families To Stay In Fredericksburg” 5 of 5 stars

Bed N' Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Place For Families To Stay In Fredericksburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Jason checked us in and he was very helpful in making sure everything was taken care of for our 2-night stay. The housekeeping staff was very nice and provided us with some extra k-cups for the in-room coffee maker. They also ensured we had plenty of towels for my family of 5. The restaurant staff was over the top. BJ was our primary server and she took care of us as if we were family. I have stayed at this HGI several times over the years - this current staff is the best!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I recommend this lovely Hilton property. The staff is very accommodating, and the hotel management has trained them well. It is also located close to Old Town Fredericksburg and a super walking path along the river. Go for it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stopped at the Virginia Welcome Center on I-95 to book this hotel. Unfortunately the hotel did not honor the coupon rate of $89.00 as posted in the booklets you receive along the Interstates. They said they were busy however I questioned that when I looked at the half-full parking lot. Anyway, they gave me a $6.00 discount for AAA/CAA membership.

This looks like a new hotel. It is immaculately clean and tidy. The room was nicely appointed and clean- very nice. My wife and I used the Exercise Room and Pool which were very well equipped and a nice touch after riding in a truck/rv all day. They have really done a good job on these amenities hence my 'Very Good' score above.

My only complaint was the dining room. We chose this hotel because we are towing a rv travel trailer and it's difficult when dining (and towing your house with you!). Having an in-house dining room is a plus for a hotel. This dining room is clean but very little used. You seat yourself (not like a real dining room). It also had very little business (not a good sign). The menu is quite simple but since it appears no one dines here I can see why. There are tons of competition for your dining dollar in this area close by so I can understand why dining is not popular here.

I've stayed at some pretty nice Hilton Garden Inns before. The best is in Freeport, Maine- nicely appointed with free coffee and cookies all day plus good dining. It's the little things that stick in your mind that make a good hotel a great hotel. Unfortunately the Garden Inn in Fredericksburg is a good hotel because they charge $1.50 for a K-cup coffee. The dining is far inferior as compared to Freeport, Maine. I'm not sure what they need to do to make 'a go' out of the dining room but it needs change.

Otherwise, a very nice hotel that I would stay in again. I hope they change the dining room!

Room Tip: Make dinner plans at one of the many restaurants close-by: Outback, Ruby Tuesdays, etc.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Midlothian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The major knock on this place is that it is right next to I-95. Traffic noise is very noticeable, and if you are bothered by this, get a room that faces away from the highway. Room and other items were fine. We stayed in a bedroom suite, which provided room for five.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our second stay at this property and we (again) found it to be family friendly and very convenient to I-95 (heading southbound). The one thing I didn't care for was an up-sell for breakfast that added to our room rate. We arrived after 9pm and still received the standard rate but then we were asked to pay an additional charge for breakfast. With all the new hotels nearby, do yourself a favor and shop around for a better deal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Belcamp, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel was very nice. Unfortunately, they ran into a problem with the pool heater which prevented us from using the pool. That was an important criteria when we were looking for places to stay. However, the staff gave us a discount and were very nice about it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here a few days before Christmas as a short anniversary get-away. We reserved a king-sized room with the Bed and Breakfast deal which included breakfast at a discounted rate using the breakfast vouchers the hotel was to supply. Unfortunately, the king sized bed was a queen bed and we never received the breakfast vouchers. When we asked, the vouchers were supplied but staff insisted the computer showed our room had a king bed. I have a king bed at home and know the difference. The staff did give us the discount in cost between the king and queen room but only when asked. While the hotel lobby was very spacious, nicely decorated and relaxing, the room was not. There was an obvious paint repair on the wall and decoration was minimal. Both the bed and the chair were very hard and the bed could have used some full-sized pillows instead of the two little ones per person that were supplied. The sink in the bath backed up and the room curtains never quite shut all the way allowing light to seep in throughout the night. Overall, the room experience was not great and definitely not what we paid for. On the plus side, as said earlier, the lobby was welcoming, and the staff was nice and responded to our requests. There is a wide variety of food at the breakfast buffet and there is waitress service, but the food was nothing to write home about and definitely not worth the full $11 price. The information booklet in the room stated the hot tub was outside so we didn't use it as the weather was bad only to find out later it was an indoor hot tub. I could have used it as my back hurt from the bed. Overall, I would not stay at this hotel again. It was a big disappointment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!