“A truly cozy and inviting experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
1303 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
“A truly cozy and inviting experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a cozy get away for valentines weekend where we could enjoy good food and company. We got just what we were looking for at the schooler house. Andi and Paul welcomed us and carried our bags, gave us a tour and showed us to our immaculately kept room. The fireplace was a huge bonus. We toured Fredericksburg and ate out that night based on Andi and Pauls great recommendations.The following morning we were served an amazing breakfast in the dining room in front of the fireplace with another lovely couple we met. We will definitely be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed February 2014
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hi Jackie,
Thank you for the lovely review! Paul and I enjoyed having you and Tyler here with us. Paul and I hope you'll come see us again when you're here for your internship!
Andi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This quaint bed & breakfast is truly a treasure. The house itself is adorable and the amenities exceed anything we could have asked for....what a treat to be welcomed by the owners who are two of the warmest people you will ever meet. We stayed in Willie's room (as there are only two rooms in this special B&B), where we were surrounded by antiques and true Fredericksburg flare. The breakfast was amazing- two days and two different meals...homemade meals...what more could you ask for (delicious, too)?! Not being from the area, the owners were very helpful in pointing out different attractions and areas that shouldn't be missed. This B&B is one for the books and I truly look forward to staying again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you Marisa and Jeremy! Paul and I loved hosting you both and am so glad you enjoyed your visit. Would love to have you back again - soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent stay when my wife and I, along with our friends, stayed at the Schooler House on New Years Eve. The house is lovely and the hosts, Andi and Paul are great and lay out a wonderful breakfast! You are located a few short step from the quaint shopping and restaurant era of old town Fredericksburg. We will stay there again

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
We're so happy that you enjoyed New Year's Eve in Fredericksburg. It's such fun having 2 couples stay here; feels very family! Thanks for your review and hope to see you again.
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had court in King George County and decided to stay in Fredricksburg. I wanted to stay in town, within walking distance of many of the resturants and historical sites. I searched Trip Advisor and found the Schooler House. Just a an easy walk from the downtown area, the Schooler House was exactly what I was looking for. I arrived around five in the afternoon and checked in. Andi was very knowledgeable about the restaurants which would be open New Year's day and I chose a little Italian place 4 blocks away. The food, wine and conversation were wonderful. The next morning I had 4 strips of bacon ,3 eggs, french toast and cooked apples for breakfast. Everything was perfectly prepared and ready in plenty of time for me to get to court. A great experience!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in Annie's room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hi Chris. It was a pleasure having you at the B&B. So glad it all worked out for you and your day in court was started with a hearty breakfast! Hope to see you again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the Schooler House in early October whilst on a two week holiday in Virginia. Sadly, our itinerary only allowed us to stay one night, but we would have been more than happy to stay longer. Like us, Andi is a closet Victorian and her house is full of her fascinating collection of treasures. Guests will receive a very warm welcome from Andi and Paul, and can look forward to a delicious home-cooked breakfast which we still maintain was the best we had in the States! Very many thanks from two very satisfied guests!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Oh my, how did I miss responding to your lovely review? Thank you for taking the time to post; we really appreciate your feedback. It was lovely having you here, if only for the night. I hope you're all well; hearing there is terrible weather right now. Stay well!
Lebanon, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I would like to thank Paul for an amazing experience. We stop in Frederickburg to break up a long trip from Hilton Head and we were certainly glad we did. The B&B is wonderful with great antiques. The only regret is we did not have more time to stay. The breakfast was delicious, possibly the best scones I have ever had. I would highly recommend the Schooler House to anyone traveling in the area. If we are ever in the area again, we would stay without a second thought! Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hi Corey,

Thank you so much for posting feedback! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit and that Paul took such good care of you. I hope you'll come back again; I'd love to meet you both.

Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I had another wonderful stay at the Schooler House - one night was not enough! We arrived late for a wedding in the evening and Andi helped us out the door with directions to the event. Breakfast in the morning was amazing as usual, and Andi and Paul aways make us feel so welcome. We can't wait for our next visit and look forward to being able to relax and enjoy the beautiful property more next time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for talking the time to post a review! Paul and I really love having you and Karen here at the B&B. So glad you enjoy yourselves and look forward to you returning again.

Andi

Been to The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!