“Recommended by Restaurant.com” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Newport News
“Recommended by Restaurant.com”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I brought a coupon from Restaurant.com so that's the reason why I came to try it. I drove 3 hours and made a weekend getaway of it. I love doing this buying coupons and them writing reviews on the location. The resturant is located on the corner of mini strip mall. I had my meal around 5pm and there were only 3 tables full. Shortly after 6pm 2 more tables full come in.
Service was outstanding. I love great customer service! My waitress suggested meal items which I tried a couple of and enjoyed. I made a special request of NO OLD BAY SEASONING and even when they forgot they fixed it but cooking a whole new meal. (GREATJOB)

FOOD:
I ordered a pick 2 feast. Stuff Flounder and Fried Tilipia. OH MY GOD it was good. The stuffed flounder was stuffed with jumbo lumped crab meat and was seasoned great for me. Nothing really special about the tilipia, just a fried piece of fish.
Also order the crab choweder which was flavorful also had lump crab meat in it. I agree with someone prior comment about the french fies, They are fresh cut however they aren't good, a bit limp, I could have had some crinkle cut fries and would have been happy.
THe crab nachos could have been better, They were a bit plan. (crab meat, cheese, onions and chips) I've had better at Joe's crab shack. Some lettuce, black beans, or something could have made it much better.
I am going to return because I want to try the Velvet Shrimp the next time.
Over all I had a good visit, Had enough food left over to take back to the hotel and eat later that night.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Management needs to reassess product output”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My impression is that Steamers really makes their money on bar drinks and happy hour food specials. Their dinners leave something to be desired. For $12 +, you only get 1 meat and one side dish. No bread; no salad, no hush puppies added to the meal unless you pay another $2 for the additional side dish. The crabby pizza was terrible. The jerk chicken dinner was also terrible...it consisted of plain strips of baked chicken breast drizzled in what resembled barbecue sauce, rather than jerk sauce or seasoning, and one side dish (baked potato) which was small. Not even a few hush puppies thrown in for good measure to make the meal on the plate look a bit more complete. For a seafood dinner, may I suggest you go somewhere else for a complete meal. Even the Steamers seafood "pot", came out lackluster on a simple plate...and not much food for over $20. I paid $5 for a slice of key lime pie that so small, it was laughable. What there was of the pie was good, but no where near the size I should have received for a rip-off price of $5. If it's just bar food you want, then you might be ok.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Decent Food and Great Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had the crab legs and shrimp and they were pretty good. Our server was very attentive but then again we were pretty much the only ones here Tuesday evening. The BIG issue I had was that someone was really smoking in the bar and smelling the place up and we aren't smokers.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The worst dinner we have ever had. So disappointed. My husband had fish and chips. The fish was all breading and tasteless. The fries tasted like they had been sitting around all evening. I had fish tacos. The fish was burnt beyound recognition and the tortillas where start from the package. The waitress was very nice. She offered to get the manager. The manager was too busy with beer pong to talk to us. We like to support local businesses but never again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edward B, Owner at Steamers Seafood Grill & Bar, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Again we apologize for your recent experience at our restaurant. After your recent post on facebook I reached out to you so I could rectify this incident. We have sent you a complimentary gift certificate for you to give us another opportunity. We would appreciate if you would take time to write another review after giving us that opportunity..

Best regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Seafood quick and inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a local hang out that's away from old town. If you want to get cheap gas, and a few toiletries at CVS drug store for your trip they're all located together. Some nights the kareoke at the separate bar area draws a local crowd, some from Mary Washington university and other locals. These folks tend to be very friendly and will cheer any serious kareoke singer.

Visited September 2013