“Chef can't poach an egg” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Stafford, VA
“Chef can't poach an egg”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and i went for lunch on Sunday. I ordered a mimosa and it was mainly just oj. I told the waiter and he said he would be sure the "next" one would be right. In a few minutes the bartender came over said she did skimp the drink and broght me one that was made as it should be. The brunch menu had several benedicts on it so i chose the crab cake benedict and my husband the filet benedict. When they came out the eggs were hard and overcooked almost like boiled. We asked the waiter, who was very good might i add,to take the eggs back to the chef and ask him to send us two properly poached eggs. What he brought back was runny eggs just barely cooked. The steak was overcooked and over seasoned. We asked to see the manager and showed him the eggs and meat. He was very nice and apologetic about it and thanked us for bringing it to his attention. He did not make us pay for our meals or drinks. And asked us to give them another try. I believe you should always tell the manager when your food does not come out right so he can address it to the chef or waitstaff. Will we give them another chance? The jury is still out on that one. Nice deck to sit out on so we were looking for a good experience. They missed the mark.

Pensacola, Florida
“What a disappointment!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

On a beautiful June 2012 evening, we opted for a table on the deck. It took several minutes for a server to arrive...when an adjoining table asked for a spoon for their soup (entrees were served and still no soup spoon) and our beverage was served warm...we should have paid up and left. Our waiter was untrained..second round of drinks were too warm and returned...food was served barely warm and unflavorful.Service was nill, our order was not correct, and food was terrible. We paid the bill and vowed never to return.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Choose another restaurant....terrible management....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have been to brocks quite a few times over the years...for dining and nightlife...not my favorite place however thought id try it again....big mistake.... The food is not that great...I was appauled at the way the manager treated myself and the party I was with ...he was rude...pompous..and extremely unprofessional...I will NEVER go back and I will definately not suggest this place to anyone...get a new management team please and choose another Fredericksburg restaurant for your dinner or special occasion...this place is an embarrasement on who they have representing them...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Angola, NY
“5 years and still going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My mom and I have traveled down to OBX for the past 5 years. The private decking in the back early on a Saturday (11am) is so peaceful. The food has always been very good. This year we had broiled crab cakes with veggies....absolutely delicious and their Sweet Tea is also very good. We enjoy watching the trains going over the trestle.
I've never been there when it has been very crowded only because we come so early, but we've never been disappointed with the food or service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Happy hour, awesome deck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Brocks has a nice covered deck area that is great during the summer with two outdoor bars and bands!

Visited May 2012