“Nice tour” 4 of 5 stars

Cleveland, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Nice tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The tour was neat and we had a good tour guide. You get cookies and lemonade in the old eating area while you listen to the tour guide. It was part of the 24-hour museums/historic sites pass of Fredericksburg attrations (stop in the Visitor's Center to get it around 10/11am to fit in the most stops). Beware if there is a special speaker or author - we got stuck listening to an author for 45 minutes because that is where I thought the tour started (the woman ushered me into the room and the rest in my group followed me...). The author wasn't horrible, it just wasn't really our thing.

Visited July 2012

Detroit
6 attraction reviews
“Most Interesting Place in Fredericksburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was about to bypass this museum in a town full of museums and exhibits, but I was glad that I didn't! Once you walk in you are greeted by a lovely "whence" who explains lots of interesting fun facts about colonial debauchery and the origins for modern day expressions (i.e bottoms up, kingpin, etc) among many other things. I highly recommend this place and they also have a nice selection of interesting gifts at reasonable prices.

Visited December 2011
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Best $5 I Ever Spent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

was the tour of the house of the Rising Sun Tavern. Our docent did a wonderful job that made history come truly alive...informative, entertaining...just delightful. Go early in the day like we did, and the experience becomes very 'personal.' DO NOT go to Fredericksburg (at least the first time) without checking out this wonderful attraction.

Visited November 2012
charlottesville, va
16 attraction reviews
“Cool Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very informative and costumed tour guide. Loved the little history lesson! This would be a cool place to go to during the annual Halloween Ghost Walk.

Visited August 2012
Damascus, Maryland
14 attraction reviews
“Fun and informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I learned so much and had a few good laughs too! Very interesting artifacts to observe and fascinating insight into the early American culture and lifestyle. Most interesting of all, I learned the origins of quite a few popular phrases. Rather surprising. The docents are so pleasant and make your time there so very interactive. And there is no wait, for even if a tour has begun, they let you join continue with the next one for the portion that you miss.

Visited September 2012