“Thirty years later, still the best. Fresh, regionally sourced, fine food, served with care and just enough snooty...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Petite Auberge

Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

Thirty years later, still the best. Fresh, regionally sourced, fine food, served with care and just enough snooty Frenchyness. Full menu available in the bar, and more relaxed atmosphere.

“Fredericksburg favorite...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

Fredericksburg favorite serving great French cuisine...but a little on the pricier side.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place to have a glass of wine. Try the home made tonic w/Hendrick's Gin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

Great place to have a glass of wine.

Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Best Restaurant in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2006

This is absolutely the best restaurant in the area! We have been eating there for 18 years. Yes, Chef barely knows who we are but we patronize this place because the food is wonderful consistently! Try the Scampi Auberge or the Baked Scrod sometime. Lunch is an especially good buy. Try it. You'll be back!

Southwest MO
“A great little place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

I ate at La Petite Auberge while on business in Fredericksburg after receiving numerous recommendations from locals. I was told that the best deal by far was the fixed price "early" dinner. It was $20.50 and offered a nice 4-5 course selection of soups, entrees, and desserts. Unfortunately, I missed the "early" dinner by 5 minutes. Still, I had a wonderful mesclin salad with pine nuts and grated cheese along with jumbo lump crab in a cream curry sauce. Delightful. My dining partner indulged in a fennel-infused mahi mahi which was absolutely divine. For dessert, I chose the chocolate cake. This was definitely the highlight of the meal. Rich and out of this world. She chose the chocolate mousse. Also well above average. The sides were nothing to rave about...steamed green beans and white rice with black beans. However, they were flavorful. I noticed that diners who chose rare steaks actually got them. (So many places seem to shy away from a truly rare steak.) I try to eat a mostly vegetarian diet and I'm sad to say that there were no vegetarian entrees available..only salads and appetizers. So if this is important to you, you'll want to consider this. The wait staff were not very attentive. I was without water on more than one occasion and the bread took a significant amount of time to reach the table. However, the casual and cozy cafe atmosphere won me over and I was able to relax and enjoy myself. I would definitely recommend this....especially the early special menu which you can get from 5:30 - 7 p.m.