“Great Room, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Room, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

Although I was not traveling with Family this time around I would without a doubt stay at this hotel when I do bring my family, it is perfect! Great rooms, have stayed at many TownPlace Suites and all of them are the best of quality. Will stay again, for business or pleasure

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

The first morning I was in the hotel I found a bug on the kitchen counter. I showed it to the manager and she comped the room for the night and assured me they would take care of the problem! I should have changed hotels immediately but was told the problem had been handled. On the last night I was there I found a bug in the bedroom and another in the kitchen. I took them to the night person who agreed it was gross and switched me to another room. Changing rooms at 1 a.m. was a pain but better than sleeping with bugs. The next morning I talked to the day person (Assistant Manager?) who was quite condescending. She kept stressing that the bugs weren't roaches (as if that makes it okay for them to be there) and that these water bugs sometime come out in summer. Not in any of the other hotels I've stayed in! She suggested I talk to the General Manager who gave me the same story about them not being roaches and reminded me they took care of the problem by moving me into another room. She would only agree to comp 1/2 of that 2nd night's stay. I talked to other people staying there who said they had also seen bugs in their rooms! It's a shame because the rooms were pretty nice and the staff (except the GM and her assistant) were really very nice! Do yourself a favor, go somewhere else - too many BUGS in this property!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Warren
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

Very clean, very comfortable. Traveled with two adults, one child, and two dogs. Price was very reasonable (around $120.00 for a two bedroom suite), and we had a ton of room to move around in without bumping into each other. Great for an extended stay; includes a nearly full kitchen and a table w/chairs. Very pet - friendly. We travel to Fredericksburg fairly often, and always stay either at this hotel, or the twin in Aquia.

• Liked — comfortable + well located
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stopped here our drive home from SC. We found this to be a great place to stop! The rooms were clean and large. We have 2 young children (ages 4 and 2) and it was perfect for them. Plenty of room for a pack n play in either the bedroom (which is where we put it) or in the living room. Many places to eat and fill up the car right by and is right off of 95.

They have a breakfast in the morning (beginning at 6am) so you can grab a few things and hit the road!

we will stay here again next summer!

• Liked — Clean, spacious, small kitchen area for milk and other items you need for young children
  • Disliked — AC system....living room cool, but bedroom was warm, but it was fine, we dealt with it.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

Reasonably priced two bedroom suite was perfect for our one night stay while traveling to Emerald Isle, NC. The rooms were large with a TV in each one. Our group of 6 was able to spread out and relax. The kitchenette was handy for drinks and snacks for the kids. The breakfast buffet was adequate but nothing spectacular. The hotel was quiet, the staff helpful and the pool was clean. The property is just a short drive from the highway exit and is close to many restaurants. It is conveniently located near a Super Target and Wal-Mart for any last minute items that you may have forgotten to pack. My husband was pleased that it was only a short drive to the golf course. We would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Large, clean rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LeeP1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

Stayed here overnight on the way home and we needed a pet-friendly place. No complaints. Very nice staff - polite and friendly. We did not hear any noise during the night and the place was at least halfway or more filled. Bed was very comfortable and clean. Excellent continental breakfast. Will defintely stay again!!!!!!

• Liked — CLEAN and pet friendly
  • Disliked — small pool area near parking lot
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

Stayed here overnight before flying out of IAD. Check-in was uneventful, the receptionist seemed tired and didn't say much, but it was a bit late. The room was large and clean, but freezing cold, so I turned up the heat in all rooms right away before hauling my 3 kids out of the car. Unfortunately the rooms are poorly insulated and the heating system blows out boiling hot air or none at all, so it blasts like a volcano until the room is too hot, then turns itself off for a few minutes, then volcano again, off again, etc. Tried adjusting the fan setting to "on" instead of "auto", but couldn't handle the noise - there was something loose inside the unit, tapping irregularly. By now we were unpacked, the kids were asleep and too tired to switch rooms, so we just hit the sack, but both my wife and I had great trouble sleeping because of the combination of fan noise, too hot, then too cold - really awful.

Got up the next morning, went down to "breakfast", but it was no breakfast at all - just some bread, tea, and coffee. Decided to connect to Internet to see where we could eat breakfast, but the internet didn't work. I work with computer networks, and could quickly see that the problem was with the hotel, not with my PC (could not ping default gateway). Called down to reception, they said it was probably my PC, got the usual run-around, finally worked out that they assumed I was connecting wireless. I asked if there was wireless, they said yes, so I tried that - same result, and now I've wasted way more time than I want to, so I call down and ask where we could find an IHOP or Waffle House. Was told that there weren't any around, but got directions to Denny's, headed out, what do we pass? Waffle House, right next to the hotel. Had breakfast there, which was fine, headed back to the hotel.

Checked the time on the hotel clock radio, saw that we had plenty of time so checked internet again, now it was slow but at least it worked. Started checking my mail, then my wife screams that it is almost 12, I look at the hotel clock radio, it says 11, I check my watch it says 12 - awesome. Call down to reception and ask for late checkout, now I am Marriott Gold so this is never a problem, and the parking lot is completely emtpy. So I am totally unprepared when she says that it'll cost $10 for a check-out at 2pm. I point out that I am gold, but she says too bad, checkout is 1pm, otherwise it's $10 for an extra hour. I refuse on principle, so we start getting the kids ready and packing up the car in a mad rush. The cleaner then knocks on the door in the middle of all this, even though the sign hanging on the door handle clearly says "Do not disturb". I tell her we're checking out at 1pm, and we drive out from the hotel at exactly 1pm.

Got the bill today via email - guess what, I've been charged $10. I just made a specific complaint to Marriott about that, and I'm sure I'll get the money back, but this was not just a miserable hotel stay from start to finish, the hassle factor goes on even after I leave.

I'm afraid I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone who values good customer service, a quiet room, or a reasonable room temperature when the weather is cold outside.

• Liked — Room was large and clean
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to TownePlace Suites Fredricksburg? Share your experiences!