“Pet friendly hotel ( people friendly too!)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Leland, North Carolina
“Pet friendly hotel ( people friendly too!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We frequently travel with our dog, and it is difficult to find a clean, welcoming place that is convenient to our route along 95. When I discovered this location, and then, the very reasonable fee ( less than stated on the website - call to verify) I was overjoyed. We have stayed a number of times and are always happy. There is a bowl of dog biscuits waiting for our dog, and plenty of area outdoors to take her for walks. We have always had warm, helpful check in experiences. Breakfast offers many choices, both hot and cold. The dining area is small, so we do usually end up bringing it back to the room. This is not a bad option, since rooms have a kitchen, including a microwave, if you want to warm your coffee. Another plus is that this hotel is located behind other businesses, so away from the noise of the busy road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator if concerned about navigating halls with breakfast in hand.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Westport, Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Travelled here with our two small dogs. Very comfortable bed and very clean! Would recommend this hotel for sure. Friendly place. Quiet and a hot free breakfast.lots of nearby shops and restaurants. Great location right off highway.

• Stayed March 2013
Atlantic City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

When you first enter the Lobby, you start to think, I have to leave, luckly we stayed. The lobby is small and not like the hotels or motels today, the person behind the counter gave me a BIG SMILE and HELLO (Very Pleasant). Gave her my reservation # and she provided me with a room key, our room had two Queen size beds (larger than normal size), a full kitchen area, nice size room and bathroom, but most importantly extreamly clean. (YES, we were happy). Resturants are in the area, I would suggest to visit the Golden Corral in the hotel area. Another item that I found interesting, they allow pets. It was a plesant stay and I would return. I would suggest to the Mangement to enlarge the front desk and Breakfast area. Arriving guests first impressions mean alot.

Room Tip: Top floors are always better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Watertown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Ignore last year reviews of the halls smelling like mildew, old and outdated. They must have did an update. Our room was pretty up to date with newer appliances and nice cabinets, even a 2 burner stove, which was nice for our long stay. There is no lobby area to sit and wait for my local friend to come pick me up... no chairs at all. It is just a desk to check in. The breakfast area is also very small.... Forcing you to sit on top of each other and I'd rather not sit that close to strangers. They did not think that out when building this hotel. It's packed with business folks during the week early and the dining area is so small that they can't even sit and enjoy their breakfast. They are forced to take something on the run, which doesn't allow full advantage of the choices. Even if you take it back to your room, it's a long walk and it's a pain to carry a drink and plate and then it's cold. Our room was down 2 different hallways. You can completely hear people's conversations in their rooms when you are walking by.... thin doors, thin walls.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have had the opportunity to stay here 2 times and find the staff very friendly; rooms are comfortable and clean; hotel quiet; and ample breakfast. We had the luck of the draw to get a room that had a vey noisy heater in the room. Finally got temperature to setting and turned it off. Our first visit we did not draw such a room. This I feel is something that can be easily fixed by staff but eager to get on our way, I neglected to mention it. Since it was rewards night I thought it would be in bad taste..Otherwise great visit; good location and we would visit again.

Room Tip: Suggest room facing front of hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Service was excellent and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. I really
appreciated the dog friendliness of the hotel. There were large fields nearby to walk my dog which I always enjoy having. The breakfast selection was good. The workout room was good with a variety of equipment. There was a computer work area set up for guests to use. The only negative was that the microwave in the room did not work. I notified the front desk and a portable microwave was brought in quickly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I do not know why this place got such low reviews. It looks like it has recently been renovated and was very clean. My studio had all good appliances in the kitchen, plenty of hangers for my clothes, plenty of room to work with the very large desk, a flat screen TV, and a very quiet AC unit (AC was set to 70 degrees when I came in). The thing I love about TownePlace Suites the most is the roll out desk that I can use while doing work and watching TV. I have no really complaints about this hotel stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Fredricksburg? Share your experiences!