“Nice little hole in the wall” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 357 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Nice little hole in the wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went to Primavera's at the insistence of a friend. We had been looking for some good pizza but had not found any in the area.

The restaurant was softly lit, and there was plenty of seating available, both at booths and tables. The inside feels spacious.

Lots of things on the menu looked good, but we decided to take advantage of their perpetual buy one, get one free pizza deal. Honestly, it's a pretty good price for pizza when you take that into account, and a clever promotion by the owners. We ordered a medium white pizza on the hand tossed crust, and a medium margherita pizza on the thin crust. Both pizzas were delicious, but the hand-tossed crust is much better than the thin crust. I don't even usually like white pizza, but I really liked their white pizza.

Overall, some of the best pizza in the area that we've tried.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on Dec. 24 while finishing Christmas errands. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the service. The fact that both my husband and my mother loved their sandwiches says quite a lot. The sandwiches are large (my mom and I shared one) and served on perfect rolls - not too hard outside, soft inside. My mom raved about the vegetable soup.

Visited December 2013
Miami, Oklahoma
“Great food, Great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

After a day away from our hotel and not wanting to get out, this is just what the doctor ordered! Pizza was delivered in 30-45 minutes and was still piping hot! Super cheesy and just all around wonderful. Thanks for delivering in the rain! :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“You'll want to become a regular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Of the many restaurants in the downtown Fredericksburg area, Primavera Pizzeria and Grill is one of your better values. You can spend more money on a fancier decor and atmosphere, but if you're looking for a family-friendly (but not overrun), comfortable place with good food that will not disappoint, this is the place.

I describe it as a classic "mom and pop Italian restaurant", although I don't know any details about the owners, or if in fact they are parents, or even a couple, but the menu covers the basics you would expect from such a place: traditional Italian entrees, Pizza, hot and cold Subs, Sandwiches, Paninis, Wraps, and a handful of "Greek Specialties" as well.

They also offer a fairly diverse children's menu, including that never-go-wrong staple, Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Fries!

I checked the "Late Night" box below: weekday hours run to 10 PM, and 11 PM on the weekends.

My one wish, a different dinner salad. What they serve is good, I'm just not a fan of onions, tomatoes, peppers or olives, which make up most of the ingredients after the lettuce. The Caesar Salad is a good alternative, which they are happy to substitute with an entree.

Of special note: unlike many other restaurants, they offer their excellent value 11 AM to 3 PM Lunch Special on the weekends! The lunch special allows you to choose from among several entree options, including sandwiches, subs, paninis, wraps (all of which include fries or chips), salads and a personal 10" pizza. All include a 12 oz. soda (which is served from the fountain with refills if dining in.)

Give it a try, I think you will be back.

• Visited January 2013