“Great romantic getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Springfield, Virginia
“Great romantic getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Lavender Heights is a great B&B! Jenny is an excellent innkeeper and cook. We stayed in Ellie's room, which is so comfortable. The jetted bath was great to relax in. Jenny's cooking is amazing! She made gingerbread scones which were amazing! We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Venetia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Lavender Heights is at the top of the list! My husband and I were on a road trip and stayed here. Every part of the B&B was decorated with love and care. Jenny gave us the history of the furnishings and decor. Her heart and soul are in this place. We had so much for breakfast that we didn't need to stop for lunch. Jenny's recommendations for things to do and dinner were wonderful!
We definitely will be back!!

Room Tip: Each room has it's own personality. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I went for an anniversity/birthday weekend, this was the first time we have ever stayed at a B&B, what an amazing experience. Jenny was so personable, a great cook and made everything feel like we were family. We stayed in Ellie's suite which was absouletly georgeous. Will definitely be returning when in the area. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Any room there is amazing
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I went for only a one-night trip, and just like many other guests here, I wish I had been able to stay longer. As my boyfriend said, it felt like we were staying with one of our best friends, that's how well we were taken care of. Jenny unfortunately wasn't there, but her assistant took amazing care of us all the same. We were in the Ellie suite, a romantic little room with large windows overlooking the gorgeous landscape. The hot water ran steadily enough to fill up the Jacuzzi and to have a nice relaxing shower, even though it was nearly freezing outside. We had the option of ending the night drinking wine by the fireplace, or watching one of Jenny's DVDs in the cozy TV room. The morning breakfast was wonderful, and the little touches all over our room (like truffles by the bed, a toiletries in the bathroom) made me DEFINITELY want to come back here as soon as I can get another weekend off!

Room Tip: All the rooms are actually in the main house except for the Carriage House which is completely separ...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Jenny took great care in decorating and outfitting the inn, and her efforts made for a great experience. My husband and I stayed in the Shannaberry room, and it was perfect! The bed was amazingly comfortable, and the soaking tub was a nice treat. We ordered the artisan cheese tray as an "extra," and she selected quality cheeses, fruits, and nuts for it. We were very pleased!

Jenny herself is a fine host, and she makes a great breakfast. Part of what was so fabulous about our stay was our conversations with her. We shared Indian takeout (delicious!) and talked about everything from religion to her service in the Marines. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and we will definitely visit Lavender Heights and Jenny whenever we come back to Fredericksburg.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Inwood, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I frequent bed and breakfasts in my travels and love when the hosts are personable, helpful and friendly. Jenny was a great hostess-an amazing cook (its worth it just to go to breakfast there) and provided dinner reservations and a very special birthday experience!!! The guest rooms are clean, comfortable and the grounds and landscaping are relaxing and tranquil. We are going back in a few weeks!!! I highly recommend staying the carriage house as it provides all the amenities of home and an amazing view of Fredericksburg!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was my first B&B experience... and it definitely set the bar if I ever do go to a different B&B. Jenny was an amazing hostess, the room was very comfortable, and the meals delicious. My Fiance and I needed a relaxing get away, this place was exactly what we needed! Thanks again Jenny and look forward to our next visit to Fredericksburg!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lavender Heights Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!